Chapter 1 - The New World

Apollo Norm woke to the sound of alarms blaring around him, their screeching would be enough to give him a headache if he didn't turn them off soon.

Opening his eyes, he was shocked to see that he was on the command bridge of his ship, even though he really couldn't think of anywhere else he could have possibly woken up.

The general layout of it was similar to the Yamato's: A captain's chair in the back that held many dials, screens, and switches all around it, two more chairs were situated around the middle of the room, with one being on the starboard side and the other on the port side, they held the navigation officer and the chief engineer respectively, and then, there were several more seats lining the walls of the command bridge, with each one being behind a multitude of screens or windows.

And speaking of screens, there was a giant screen on the ceiling of the bridge, which was slightly diagonal so everyone who happened to be on the bridge could see the information being displayed on it, however, it was mainly used for making, or receiving, transmissions.

At the front of the bridge, five windows made of thick glass allowed Apollo Norm to gaze out onto the bow of his ship, which pained him to say the least.

His B turret was a wreck, there was a giant, gaping hole that was located on the top of the turret, the metal surrounding the hole had bent outwards, which told Apollo Norm that it had exploded from the inside, the three barrels in the turret sagged downwards as if to further express the turret's sad state.

That probably happened at some point during the battle of Saturn, although I can't remember when...or where.

The intrusive screech of the still-blaring alarms filled his ears as he covered them with his hands.

Right, I better deal with this before I do anything else.

He looked around for some way to turn them off and saw a red switch on the chief engineer's monitor.

He walked over to the small console and flipped it, instantly the painful noise stopped, and the red lights faded into the more pleasant light blue.

Apollo Norm couldn't help but sigh in relief when sweet, sweet silence filled the ship, although he was happier about the fact that he got the right switch on the first try.

Walking back to the windows, he looked at the other damaged spots on his ship, wincing at every scratch, burn, and dent on his once pristine hull.

A large dent was visible just above where his starboard atmospheric wing would be stored.

His left wave-motion gun looked very burnt, and a lot of the plating on the top of it had been peeled away, but until he could get a better view of it, he couldn't count it as destroyed just yet.

Across his bow, there were several smaller dents and holes that had been ripped open via explosions and/or lasers.

Apollo Norm sighed and walked away from the windows.

Why did I think that I'd magically be repaired and ready for combat as soon as I came to this new world?

But at least the damage isn't that bad, at least on the bow.

Maybe if I can find a place that has the materials I need then I'll become fully operational again.

He walked throughout his ship and assessed the damage of the main components of the space battle-carrier, noting every destroyed piece with an annoyed click of his tongue.

Right, the wave-motion engine is toast, quite literally.

The wave-motion engine in question had completely melted due to the insane pressure exerted on it when Apollo Norm over-clocked it to boost Andromeda out of the gravity well of the Ark.