6

Edited

The next thing I know, I'm in the school infirmary, lying on one of the beds. The nurse just visited me awhile ago. "What's your name?" She held a piece of paper and a pen in her hand.

"Y/n."

"Hmm... you fainted." She stated. I stayed quiet. "Now we both know there was nothing wrong with you physically. Would you like to tell me what happened in the middle of your class that caused you to faint?" She stared me square in the eyes.

I hesitated. Which wasn't a good move, I know. "It's my first day here. I was just anxious. And I miss my old school and friends." "I'm playing with my fingers, I replied. "That sounds convincing. Now you're all good to go. If you want to or want me to call your parents to come pick you up, you can." She started arranging some files.

And I sighed in relief, no longer under her questioning gaze. "No, I'm fine. They might probably be busy with their work."

"Come talk with me whenever you feel ready. It's not healthy, Y/N." Without turning to look at me, she stated She knew I lied, but she left me alone, and I sat there for the next half an hour, just thinking, "Why is all this happening to me?" First mom dies in an accident; dad comes back; I have a stepmother, who apparently is getting really fond of me, I think; and then I have seven stepbrothers, who hate me already. And now my ex-boyfriend is in the same school and class as me. Just great.

I am just so fu*king tired of all this stupid sh*t. When will I feel at peace? Looking at the clock, there were only 5 minutes left for my last class, Arts.

.....

School ended, and I was waiting for one of my stepbrothers. Looking everywhere in the parking lot, I couldn't find them. I saw their cars, so instead of searching for them inside the school building, I decided to just wait for them near their cars. That way, if they decided to leave me here alone to find the way back home on my own, they wouldn't be able to.

Dropping my bag on the concrete floor. I sat down, leaning my back on the car. I took my ear pods and mobile out, connected them, played my playlist, and closed my eyes. The music muffled the voices of the kids around me.

I was in my own world of bliss when I felt someone stumble over my stretched-out legs. "Fu*k!" came a hissing voice.

Opening my eyes, I came across the rude boy from the hallway, who is also my ex-boyfriend's brother, Hyun-tae. No wonder his blue orbs looked so familiar. Inhaling a sharp breath. I pulled my legs to my chest and wrapped my hands securely around myself.

"You really are a troublesome one, aren't you?" He crossed his legs and sat down in front of me. I blinked my eyes. Confusion is written on my face. When did I give him any trouble? "First you bumped into me in the corridor, then you fainted in front of the entire class, and now this?" He looked me in the eyes.

Feeling nervous for many reasons, I lowered my face and muttered politely. "Sorry." Silence surrounded us. No one said anything. But then he spoke. "Aren't you even going to say thank you?" He rolled his eyes. "What should I thank you for?" I was baffled by his statement.

"Who do you think had the honor of taking you to the infirmary in his arms?" His face had no emotion. But his eyes were filled with mischief, twinkling in his blue orbs. My face paled at his words. Instead of getting her blushing reaction, like every other girl, he was greeted by a sickeningly pale face. Her hazel-brown eyes looked at him in agitation.

"You took me to the infirmary?" My back is pressing into the metal of the car. I wanted nothing more than to vanish into thin air at that time. If he took her to the infirmary, that means that Hyun-woo must have seen me as well. My heart was pounding blisteringly in her chest.

Hyun-tae nodded his head. I didn't get why she was freaking out about such a trivial thing. Sweating and breathing profusely. He raised his hand in order to check if she had a fever or anything. But stopped midway when she flinched badly. Whimpering and looking at him as if he were a criminal who was ready to kill her any second.

His heart dropped at her behavior. Why was she getting so scared of him? Sure, he looked intimidating with his height and build, and people were scared of him, but not to this extent.

"What do you think you're doing?" Someone hissed. I was ready to give whoever he was a piece of mind for talking to me like that. But when I turned to look at the person, it was none other than one of my friends, Namjoon.

But what surprised me was that he wasn't talking to me. His eyes were directed to the girl across from me, who stood up to her full height, which wasn't much. She barely reached his shoulder. Her head down.

"I asked you something! Or are you ashamed of whoring around on the first day?" Before I could interrupt him about his absurd assumption, she defended herself. "I was just waiting for Taehyung and Jungkook."

"Oh, really, then what is Hyun-tae doing here with you? Eating candy?" Another voice mocked, My best friend stood beside his brother, arms crossed on his chest. I have never heard him talk with any girl with this type of behavior. He is always such a sweetheart, especially in front of girls. And the fact that he seems to know her further confused me.

As far as I knew, there were no females in their family except Nancy. Maybe their cousin? "Bro, there's nothing going on over here. I didn't see her sitting here, and I tripped on her feet. That's it. And who even is she?" Before things could accelerate, I told them.

"You're like a brother to me, Hyun-tae. A piece of advice from me. Stay away from her. She likes to take things that don't belong to her. And she's no one of importance." Namjoon said. He then turned towards her, now glaring at her.

"Stay away from me, my brothers, and our friends. You hear me?" His voice held a silent threat. And all she did was nod without looking at anyone.

"See you tomorrow, bro." Jungkook said. We did a bro hug, and I shook hands with Namjoon.

"And you come with me." He rolled his eyes and walked away, with that girl following him.