10

I was back at the house after my breakdown session, and Hyun-tae didn't ask me anything. He just took me to my next class before going to his. And I didn't come across Hyun-woo as well.

Descending down the stairs, I bumped into Jimin.

Jimin: "Can't you f**king see—oh?" he stopped when he saw me. Quickly taking a step back, I mumbled.

Y/n: "Sorry." I was going to sidestep him when he asked.

Jimin: "How do you know Hyun-woo?" My whole body tensed at his question.

Y/n: "He was a classmate in my previous school some years ago."

Jimin: "Are you okay, Y/N?" A weird feeling engulfed me. sadness, or maybe nostalgia. After Mom, no one has asked me that. at least not with such worry.

I avoided his eyes that were looking at me. I sidestepped him and went down without answering him.

Rude, I know. But it's better than lying. Grabbing some packets of chips and a bottle of juice I started wondering around the house.

I remember Jungkook asking me to come to the basement. I haven't been there. I didn't even know there was a basement in this house, so I decided to take a look at that.

After asking Mrs. Choi about it, she guided me to a door beside the guestroom.

Opening it, a light automatically flickered on. There were stairs going down, so I took them and made my way down.

It was all dark in there, and for a few seconds I felt afraid, so quickly turning my phone flashlight on, I looked for the light switch.

Turning it on, the room lit up. I just stood there, trying to grasp all of it. It was so beautiful over there.

After recovering from the shock. I looked around. At one corner, there was a wooden board hung on the wall.
And there were many pictures pinned on it, randomly.

Moving closer, I saw they were of the boys with their friends, Nancy and Dad, on their birthdays. Their first day of school and many more

All of them have grown so much. A light smile lit up my face when I saw their smiles; they just looked so adorable when they were babies.

But then a picture caught my eye. It was of Nancy and Dad, with all the boys, in a hospital. Nancy was on the bed with a baby wrapped in a pink blanket in her arms.

Everyone wore big smiles. Whereas little Hoseok had spread his arms and was crying, wanting to hold the baby. The boys were carrying balloons that said "girl.". On the bottom of the picture was written, "We miss you, little princess."

I frowned at that. A baby? If all the boys are there, then who is that baby? Do they have a sister? Why no one told me about her Dad just said I have seven stepbrothers. He never said anything about a stepdaughter.

Where is she? Why no one talked about her. So many questions were revolving around my head. That's when a slight headache started.

There were no more pictures of that baby. Is she no longer alive? I thought. Could this be the reason why they hate me? They don't want me to take the place of their sister?

Still frowning, I found another picture. A picture of all the boys around a 2-year-old who was smiling and showing her front teeth There were gifts and gift wraps surrounding them.

But then I frowned. Why does this look so familiar? Taking the picture off, I looked at it more closely at the girl.

There was a necklace around the girl's neck. More precisely, a half-heart necklace A necklace that looked all too familiar.