Chapter 39

Frigga

Hydra.

No matter where I went, Hydra had discovered a way to follow me. Hell my own mother had even brought me here. Which made me ponder whose side she was really on. But as I sat there on the cold ground of this cell, a blonde girl telling me she had been expecting me here, and an overwhelming urge to throw up, I wonder whose side I was really supposed to be on.

"Close your mouth," she nodded her head, "Or you'll catch a fly."

"What am I here for?' I asked as I shook myself out of the shocked stage and rose to my feet. My chest pounded with each movement I made, I probably needed a new filter for my Arc Reactor.

"To train. Duh," she rolled her eyes and sat on the bottom bunk. "What else would you be here for?"

"I don't know," I said. I had a deep feeling of guilt in my gut. I couldn't stay here. Why was my mom here? Should I stay with my mom, or tell my dad and the rest of the avengers? "Where's my mom"

She paused for a minute. "Probably out side training. Why?"

"Can I go see her?" My heart was thumping in my chest, making it almost impossible to hear Landyn speak. I didn't know what I was planning to do yet, but all I knew is that I didn't want to stay here

"Yea? It's not lke you're trapped here. You can come and go as you please. Like I said, this is a room, not a cell."

"Well can you show me where she may be?' I asked and gestured towards the door. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, but walked through the doorway anyway. I followed her close behind, maybe she had a set of keys or something. The atompshere outside the room wasn't any better than the gloomy setting inside the room. It was dark outside, yet there was people passing by us and people training outside.

I didn't know exactly what I was planning to do yet, but I had a bad feeling about being here in general. We passed by a window and I saw my mother outside kicking a man with padding and a helmet. I put two and two together and regonized the door in front of us as the way out. We weren't far from it, which ment if I was to do anything, then I would have to act now. I looked behind us and found that we were alone. The rest of the guards and wandering people had left.

My eyes scanned the area, I noticed what I had to work with and made a plan. As we neared the door, I sped closer to Landyn. She seemed like a sweet girl, so I felt bad for what I had to do.

Actually no she seemed like a bitch, I regret nothing.

Quickly I used my left hand to grab her left hand.

"What the f-" she said and began to spin around but I grabbed her right hand also and held them together in my left hand. I squeezed with my strength and wrapped my right hand around her mouth. I used my thumb and pushed on a certain spot under her ear. I watched carefully as her eyes rolled in the back of her head and fluttered closed. She became limp so I carefully lowered her to the ground, careful not to make a sound. Once I was sure she was out, and no one was in sight, I searched her pockets. I quickly came across and small pistol and an extra clip for it also. In her back pocket was a identification card with a picture of her and basic information.

I snapped my head around to make sure no one was there, and then stood to my feet. I tucked the gun into the back of my pants and put the clip and card in my pockets. Quickly, I left throught he doors. The air outside got colder, considering the fact that it was almost Thanksgiving, but I left the warmth of the building anyways.

Apperently I was too late because I watched my mom and the trainer walk across the courtyard. They headed straight for a set of doors. I took notice to the other people training around me and hid behind a wall. My mom and the man disappeared into the doors, leaving me to figure out a way to get across the yard. Carefully, I snuck behind bushes, rocks, and walls to make it to the other side. I ran straight up to the door and yanked on the handle. Yet it didn't open. I noticed a grey box only a few inches away so I took out Landyn's identifictaion card and scanned it against it. The door made a clicking noise, then opened with ease.