Celebrating 10 years of IPKKND

Author's Note:

It still feels like not so long ago when I ended up watching the very first episode of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon on 06 June 2011 after randomly flipping channels during a trip to India. And here we are, ten years later, celebrating IPKKND's 10th Anniversary.

The love for IPKKND is still the same, it was more than just a TV series - almost like a journey! And Arnav and Khushi will always be in the list of my favourite TV series pairs.

I first wrote this OS for the third anniversary of IPKKND on a different platform and I've uploaded different versions of this OS featuring different pairs. But today, I couldn't think of a better One Shot than this to celebrate the iconic IPKKND! So I'm putting this up again, with minor changes.

To the team of IPPKND - cast and crew, thank you for putting your heart and soul into IPPKND, for all the blood, sweat, tears that have been shed! Memories of IPPKND will live on! #IPKKNDHumesha #IPKKNDAnniversary #10Years #Love #ArnavKhushi

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

Khushi had been all alone at home and had been sitting near the poolside for almost about an hour. She smiled as she recalled all her moments with Arnav. Today marked 30 years of togetherness - 30 years since Arnav had come into her life at the Fashion show in Lucknow. That accident had indeed been something she always thanked her Devi Maiyaa for.

Their love story had not been an easy and smooth one but 30 years later, they never stopped loving and their family was complete. Their son Aarav worked alongside with Arnav at AR Designs, Mumbai. Arnav and Khushi had high hopes about him leading their business and Aarav had proven to be capable as well. He was married to Nishaa whom he had fallen in love with - they had met when Nishaa was working as an intern at AR Designs. The couple were expecting their first child, anytime soon. Their daughter Aarushi was heading the AR Designs Marketing Department, in the London Branch. She would be getting married to Siddarth, who was a lawyer in a few months. Aarav had his own house and Aarushi was based in London along with Anjali, who served as the advisor for the London team. Arnav had made sure both the children were responsible and had asked both of them to lead their lives away from them, with occasional visits where the whole family would gather. Payal, Aakash and their family were based in Australia, along with Naani, Maama and Maami and everyone's favorite NK. Khushi's Buaji and parents were now back in Lucknow in their old house.

As her life replayed before her eyes, a song came to her mind. She took her Ipod and played it. She began singing along as she recalled those wonderful moments with Arnav.

Yahin Dube Din Mere

Yahin Hote Hai Savere

Yahin Marna Aur Jeena

Yahin Mandir Aur Madeena

As she looked around her, she remembered that it was the Raizada Mansion that had been witness to many happenings in her life. As they grew older, her children had tried to persuade Arnav and Khushi to let them stay with the two of them but Arnav had refused that idea.

"As long as I have the strength, I will work - AR Designs has been my passion and will always be. Similarly, as long as Khushi and I are able to support each other, there will be no need for you both to be with us. I am not stopping you from the weekend visits with your families, I'm just saying that Khushi and I are there for each other and we'll manage!"

Those were the exact words Arnav had said.

Khushi's eyes glistened with pride and love as she recalled that moment when Arnav had stood up for her - when Arnav's Dadi came to visit. She had found out that Arnav and Khushi were married without completely following the rituals. She had been very angry and had invited Khushi's Buaji to the Raizada Mansion, eventually insulting her. Khushi's Buaji had then decided to bring Khushi back when Arnav had shocked everyone by letting them know that he was ready to remarry Khushi and go through all the necessary rituals. It was this very poolside that was sole witness to the tears she shed on the night where Arnav had misunderstood her and forced her into a contract marriage. The whole family had been mad at her and avoided her. Those few months were terrible. She had no one to turn to, no one to wipe her tears. It was this poolside she slept when Arnav had shut her out. This poolside had sweeter memories - it was here that Arnav had almost kissed her on the first Diwali after meeting her. It was also here that he had kissed her and she had kissed him during Aakash and Payal's wedding ceremony rituals. It was this Raizada Mansion that she lived with her sweetheart Arnav, where her two children grew up. It had all the bittersweet memories that Khushi would never exchange for anything. She knew that at the end of it all, this was where Arnav and she wanted to be when they take their last breath.