OS - Inspired by Gerua (Dilwale)

Song and Character Credits – All rights belong to their respective owners

The lights in the hall were dimmed and the only light source were from two spotlights. Music played and one of the spotlights focused on the left side of the staircase.

Dhoop se nikal ke (Coming out like the sunshine)
Chhanv se phisal ke
(Or slipping like the shadow)
Hum mile jahaan par
(Wherever we met)
Lamha tham gaya
(The moment stopped there)

Arnav takes a step forward, glances towards his left and makes his way down the long staircase. Once in a while, he keeps glancing to the left.

Aasmaan pighal ke (When the sky melted)
Sheeshe mein dhal ke
(Got moulded into glass)
Jam gaya to tera
(And solidified)
Chehra ban gaya
(It became your face)

Khushi takes a deep breath to calm herself as she walks down. She looks at Arnav and as their eyes meet, her lips automatically form a smile.

Duniya bhula ke tumse mila hoon (I have forgotten the world and met you)
Nikli hai dil se ye duaa
(And only this wish has come out of my heart)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)
Raanjhe ki dil se hai duaa
(This is the heartfelt wish of your lover)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)

As the two sides merge, Khushi faces Arnav who immediately offers his hand. She looks into his eyes and accepts the offer to hold on to Arnav's hand. As their eyes speak the language of love, the couple walk down and reach the stage.

Haan nikli hai dil se ye duaa (And only this wish has come out of my heart)
Ho.. rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)

Arnav helps Khushi up the stage and together they face front when the lights come on.

Ho tumse shuru.. tumpe fanaa (It starts with you and ends on you)
Hai sufiyana ye daastaan
(This story is quite Sufi-style)
Main kaarwaan maznil ho tum
(I am the caravan, and you are the destination)
Jaata jahaan ko har raasta
(Where every path leads)

Arnav squeezes Khushi's hand and she immediately looks up at him. He kneels down without breaking the eye contact and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a box and opens it up. He then slides the ring onto her finger.

Tumse juda jo (When the heart controlled itself a bit)
Dil zara sambhal ke
(And got attached to you)
Dard ka wo saara
(All the fog of pain that was there)
Kohra chhan gaya
(Was washed away)

Khushi pulls him up and launches herself into his arm. She recalls their journey thus-far. It was a miracle that ASR was transformed into her Arnav and the miracle was called love. It was a tough journey but here they were, a few minutes before their relationship was officially recognized.

Duniya bhula ke tumse mila hoon (I have forgotten the world and met you)
Nikli hai dil se ye duaa
(And only this wish has come out of my heart)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)
Ho... raanjhe ki dil se hai duaa
(This is the heartfelt wish of your lover)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)

They move apart and Khushi picks up the ring for Arnav. She puts in on for him and looks into his eyes. Never did she think that there would be a day that she would be madly and deeply in love with a man she once hated. Only when the guests clapped for the newly engaged couple did Khushi and Arnav remember that they were being watched.

Veeraan tha, dil ka jahaan (The world of the heart was deserted)
Jis din se tu daakhil hua
(But from the day you entered it)
Ik jism se hai ik jaan ka
(I have got the status of a living being)
Darza mujhe haasil hua
(From being just a body)

Arnav holds onto Khushi and gestures to her to follow his lead. The couple go down and get blessings from the family. As Arnav embraces his sister, he remembers the conversation he once had with her. Anjali was right - when love enters your life, everything changes for the better. Arnav pulls Khushi into the hug and he tightens the hold on her as if reassuring that he would always be there for her.

Pheeke hain saare naate jahaan ke
(All the relations of the world are pale)
Tere saath rishta gehra ban gaya
(Now that there is a deep bond with you)

Khushi leans closer to Arnav's chest. Arnav could feel her warm breath on his neck. Although their hugs had always been that way, today felt special. They were officially a part of each other.

Duniya bhula ke tumse mila hoon (I have forgotten the world and met you)
Nikli hai dil se ye duaa
(And only this wish has come out of my heart)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)
Raanjhe ki dil se hai duaa
(This is the heartfelt wish of your lover)
Rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)

As they break away, Arnav notices tears in Khushi's eyes that were threatening to fall. He cups her cheek and as their eyes meet, Arnav shakes his head to convey that he hated seeing tears in her eyes. His Khushi was never to cry, even if she was happy.

Haan nikli hai dil se ye duaa (And only this wish has come out of my heart)
Ho.. rang de tu mohe gerua
(Color me pink)

Arnav leans in to place a kiss on Khushi's forehead and that very moment, Khushi and Arnav knew that they were bounded by love, forever.