THE RETURN 28:

HAITI

"What do you want?" I asked without showing how frightened I am right now.

I was stepping backward while she's stepping towards me, slowly. Her hands were on her back and whistling while taking a few steps forward. I took a glance at my back and saw the tree that would corner me if I kept on stepping backward.

"I bet you're curious, Nini." She chuckled a bit before heaving a deep sigh. She stepped backward before revealing her true identity. Her straight long hair was the first thing I saw, and at that moment I already knew who she was.

"Lisa." I tried not to believe what I'm seeing right now. How could she do this? Why her?

I thought she was my ally, my companion, and my best friend. The first time I got here, she's the person I trusted easily because Carlisle told me to.

I knelt when I felt my body weak. My hands trembled as my eyes welled up in tears.

How could you do this to your nephew?

"You ask me what I want, right?" She walked towards me and grabbed my chin to make me look up to her. "I don't want to live in anyone's shadow. I want to live my own life away from my brothers. I want to decide for myself, Nini! Can you do that for me?!" she shouted in rage and gave me violent slaps to both of my cheeks.

"Then why do you have to take my son away?" I asked as my voice shakes.

"Haiti can help me relive my imaginations," she simply answered.

"Then he's all yours now," I said firmly.

This is the only way to protect my other son. If I continue chasing Haiti what would happen to Skoll? If Lisa only wanted Haiti then she can have him. As long as she won't hurt him. I am fine with that.

"What kind of mother are you?" she scoffed. "Giving your son to someone?"

"I know you'll take care of him, Lisa. Besides, you're his aunt. I know you won't hurt him." I stood up from where I'm kneeling and patted her. "Take care of him. You're now his mother."

I turned my back and tears started to fall again. I wanted to bring back my son but I need to think properly. This is not an easy decision for me but it's for the best. For Skoll and V.

When I reached the house, I saw Carlisle walking back and forth while biting his nails. This was the first I saw him like this when nervous or I just don't remember when the last he did this?

"What happened? Emily told me everything. Where's Haiti?"

I swallowed the lump on my throat as I looked at my father with teary eyes.

"What? You gave him to Lisa?" Carlisle asked in frustration after hearing my story.

I already told him the reason and he somehow understands it but he couldn't believe why I think that way. If V and Emily found out what I did for sure they will curse me to death.

"What should I do? If I went further, she could kill me and Skoll and V."

"Shush, enough." My father hugged me tightly and caressed my back.

Maybe he knows how hard this was for me. Perhaps he understands me.

"Let's go back to the city, dad. I will raise Skoll there. Afar from all of this."

∘☽༓☾∘

V and Emily understand my decision of giving Haiti to Lisa. They both also agree to go back to the city to have a peaceful life. After Emily got recovered we went back to our old house. We unpack our things and answered everyone's curiosity about the identity of the child. Who would believe that I gave birth for just 2 months right? They would think that I'm some kind of dog.

Skoll's development was also faster. He's supposed to be 7 months old but he already looked like a 7-year-old child. He could speak, think and walk properly now the reason why many people are getting curious.

"Granny, who is he?" I looked at Skoll, holding a picture of God knows where he gets that.

"Ah, that's your twin brother, Haiti."

"Where is he?"

"He's with your aunt, your father's sister."

We all tried to answer Skoll's unending question even if we have to lie. He also wondered why he couldn't play outside just like other normal kids do.

I remember the first time he almost crashed the gate's lock of our neighbor because he wanted to play. He's so strong, stronger than his father.

One night I talked to V about that day. I wanted to know if he's mad at me for doing that thing, for making such a decision.

"It's been months since Lisa took Haiti and still we didn't have news. Jisoo told me that they are living peacefully there since we left. I guess we only bring bad luck to East Howl," V said while we're lying on the bed.

"I'm still wondering if Haiti is doing good, is he alright? I miss him."

"Lisa will take good care of him. I wonder if JK will do the same."

I faced V who's looking at the ceiling right now. Is he thinking about our son too? I mean the moment he found out that I'm pregnant, he was so happy but then he wanted to kill our son when the prophecy came out.

V looked at me with his boring passion eyes before leaning a delicate kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh before hugging him tightly.

"Mom, dad. I have a nightmare." We both sat down when Skoll entered the room, unannounced. He was wearing his pajamas as he walked towards us while rubbing his eyes.

I locked the door before going to bed, how come he opened it without a key?

V examined the knob and it was broken. He looked at me curiously and I just shrugged my shoulder.

I reached Skoll's hands and carried him to sit beside me but the next thing he said made me taken aback.

"I saw Haiti in my dreams, asking for help. He was beaten to death."