Chapter Five

no proofread

××××

Third Person POV

Fleeing from the burning house, Reese moved toward the shrine, fetching the screwdriver in their pocket as they retrieved the Demon Crest, Ethan watching beside them.

The two later heard gunshots, alerting the pair as Ethan immediately opened the gate, hearing Iulian plead. "Stop! Mother Miranda!"

Reese immediately held Ethan's arm, stopping him from stepping forward as they kept their eyes focused on Mother Miranda, trying not to engage in any confrontation with the woman.

"Who was— what was that?", Ethan asked out loud as Reese remained silent, shrugging as their response.

On their way back to the cathedral, the pair were surprised to see the old hag from earlier as Reese kept their guard up, eyeing the woman's every move.

"Death. Yes, Death has visited them all!", the woman said as she let out a wicked laugh, Ethan and Reese looking at one another, but mostly Reese.

Reese then motioned their friend to move forward and arrived in front of a door that needed the two crests they've retrieved, a bit relieved for some reason.

"Guess this leads to the castle.", Ethan mumbled as Reese gave the other crest to him, both of them placing the crests on their respected places.

The door unlocked upon the pair as Reese gulped, remembering what could happen next and they looked at Ethan. "Ready?"

----

Reese and Ethan arrived in an area with few barrels around as he noticed a lever with yellow stains in it, a voice capturing the pair's attention.

"Well, well."

Karl fucking Heisenberg... Reese thought as they took a deep breath, noticing metal scraps levitating around him. Ethan was looking confused, as usual, nothing new.

"Didn't think anyone was left! You two must be pretty tough, huh?", Heisenberg said as he kept his head low, his hat covering his face.

"Who the fuck are you?" That question of Ethan's made Reese looked at him with bewilderment, only realizing that the man doesn't know the stranger in front of them was one of the strongest people around.

Heisenberg then looked up, meeting both Reese's and Ethan's eyes as his smile held mischief on them, a pair of glasses covering his eyes. "Oh, both of you are not local!" His smile went wider. "Even better!"

A metal pole later pierced through Ethan's left side as another pole pierced through Reese's right side, Heisenberg earning groans from the pair. Metal soon covered the pair's lower bodies as Heisenberg approached the two, his metal hammer on his right shoulder.

"Mother Miranda's gonna love you.", Heisenberg said as few metal pieces covered the rest of the pair's bodies aside from their faces. The two collapsed, both grunting in pain as one piece of metal covered their face, blacking out afterward.

----

Hearing chains making contact with each other and Heisenberg grunting, Reese let out a groan as they softly mumbled, "Ethan..." The latter did the same, worry noticeably laced in his voice. "Reese."