Chapter 4

Kakeru smirked, as if he had already known this since day one.  He raised an eyebrow, and looked at Yuki slyly.

"Are you saying I'm so irresistible?"

Yuki looked at his friend with confusion.  Was he really trying to make a joke right now?  Kakeru stood up, and yelled.

"Hey!  Everyone!  The student council president can't get me, an airhead, out of his head!!"

Yuki's face grew beet red, and he tugged Kakeru's shirt by the collar.

"What are you doing you idiot!?"

Kakeru looked down at Yuki smiling that stupid smile that he secretly loved.  

"Isn't it obvious?  I'm announcing to the classroom that you can't resist me.  I get it, I get it.  I have that affect on people.  Everybody loves me!"

Yuki was frustrated.  He couldn't figure Kakeru out.  Was he trying to make him feel better?

"Why would you want to do that?"  Yuki says, still annoyed, gripping his collar tighter.

Kakeru puts his hands on Yuki's arms, and removes Yuki's hands from his shirt.

"You got so touchy with me without even thinking about it.  Wasn't that your goal?"

"What are you-"

Yuki then realized that he was right.  He noticed Kakeru was now holding his hands.  Yuki's face flushed once again, and he quickly removed his hands from Kakeru's.

"You don't know anything.  I'm leaving."  

Yuki began storming out of the room when Kakeru cut off his trail.

"Was I right or what?"  Kakeru says, giving Yuki that condescending smirk.

Yuki clenched his fists, and grit his teeth.

"Shut up!  Get out of my way!  What was your plan with all of this, anyway? Asking me what's been on my mind, what my goal was-"

"Who was on your mind." Kakeru interrupted.

"Whatever!  What's the point!?"

"To get you to admit the truth to yourself and do the things you want.  I didn't;t actually know if that was your goal, but your reaction definitely gave it away, prez."

Yuki grew angrier with every word.  How was it that this was so easy for Kakeru to figure out, but he can't?

"Stay out of my business.  This has nothing to do with you."

"Doesn't it?  You're thinking of me.  You need to ask yourself why."

Kakeru, of course, already knew why, but he wanted Yuki to admit it to himself, and tell Kakeru his feelings with his own words.  Yuki shook his head and pushed Kakeru out of the way so he could leave the room.

"I don't need your advice.  I'm going home."  

Kakeru watched as Yuki walked away, and sighed.

"I really hope you can accept yourself for who you are, Yuki."

...

Yuki arrived home that night annoyed.  He didn't bother greeting anybody except Tohru, and went straight to his room.

"Yuki, do you want anything to eat?"  She asked in her usual kind tone.

Tohru's voice alone was enough to calm him, but he refused.

"No thank you, I'm not feeling that well.  I was just going to do some homework and head to bed."

"Oh no!  Will you be alright?"