11

a dawn of light seep into the estate . y/n woke up rubbing her eyes , only to see giyuu's bare back once her vision cleared up . she felt remorse . she hasn't come clean to him about the fact that she was fuck buddies with obanai . " you're awake already . " y/n was jolted out of her daydream . guilt rushed down her body every-time she saw giyuu . she wanted to love giyuu so bad . she wanted to return him the love he deserves . he was there by her side no matter what . not once has he neglected her .

" what's wrong ? " he asked with a soft voice , noticing her unusual expression . " giyuu ... you will still love me no matter what ... right ? " she looked at him with sad eyes , waiting for reassurance . she had flashbacks about how she used to ask obanai those questions and he had never gave her an actual answer . she was scared to hear giyuu's answer . it would have broke her if he answered the same thing as obanai did .

but she couldn't bring herself to tell giyuu about obanai . she didn't want to be the reason he was upset again . after all he was the only one she had . " i'll always love you . " y/n cried . not because of sadness this time .

she felt real loved for the first time .

giyuu was a genuine person . someone she trusted with all her heart . " i... i will try my best to love you . " her cheeks dimpled . she smiled with a contented heart . giyuu might be the first person to have the key to her locked heart . or atleast she hoped he was the one .

but things doesn't always go one's way . it was a hassle with y/n being in contact with obanai . she wished that she hasn't asked obanai to be fuck buddies on impulse . even if obanai really loved her , she knew things just wouldn't work out between them . she was sure obanai knew it too .

" im leaving for training soon . "giyuu informed her . usually they would train together . but now that y/n was no longer a hashira , giyuu had to train by himself . he did missed training with y/n but he respected her choice to quit . " wait- " " i'll be back . " giyuu told her caressing her cheek after seeing the fear in her eyes that he might leave her .

and for the first time , y/n saw giyuu's lips turn into a smile .

her lower lips trembled . she all she wanted was to fall inlove with him now . y/n slammed her lips against his . he deserved all of this affection .

-

y/n decided to visit obanai while giyuu was out training . this time it was for a good reason . she raised her arm , placing three gentle knocks on his wooden door . after a few minutes , she was greeted by obanai , he was in his casual clothes . obanai's eyes lit up seeing her at his door . it slightly reminded him of the old times . " hey . " he said , inviting her in .

she stepped into the familiar estate . nothing much changed since the last time she was here . the layouts were still the same . the decorations from a month ago where still at the same corners . it practically felt like how it was when she was still with obanai . " are you here for a fuck ... like you know... " he blurted out . " erm i actually wanna talk . " she sounded serious . a totally different tone from yesterday when she met him .

" i-i uh i don't think its good for us to be fuck buddies . " she went straight to the point . " it was an impulsive move ... im sorry . " she felt bad but at the same time hoped he understood . " whats wrong ... " he asked , concern fill in his voice . obanai thought that when they become fuck buddies , they might be able to go back to how they were . a happy couple .

" i just ... i want to love somebody else ... i've decided to let go of our past and ... move on ... " it was a tough decision . but it was time . there was no point in holding onto the past . she was ready to accept it and continue on with her daily life without getting affected by it . " w-we can still make it work right ?! as long as we love each other we can go back to the past . " obanai panicked . he didn't want her to move on .

he wanted them to be back as one , not the other way around . " please don't do this obanai . " y/n hung her head low . she didn't mean to hurt him . she just wanted to let go . but if letting go meant it would hurt him temporarily , she had to . there was no other way . love is not all sweet and fun , it carries pain and testes how strong you truly are . " im sorry ... im ready to accept our past ... i'll never forget you . " she show him a warm smile , hopping it would make him feel better .

" i'll do anything y/n . " obanai went full onto sobbing . y/n caressed his head . " you're an amazing person obanai . you deserve a lot more . you will find someone that you truly love one day and she will realise how lucky she is to have you . " " why cant the 'she' be you . " he said in between sobs and hiccups . " its destiny obanai . we are just not destined to be together ... "

" we don't have to follow destiny . you're the only woman i'll ever love in my lifetime y/n " he grabbed onto her small wrist . " sorry " he wouldn't stop crying . she sighed putting her palm on his forehead before whispering a quiet ' sleep ' . in an instant , obanai was fast asleep on the ground . ( lmao inumaki ;p ) she was an ex hashira , she still had slight control on her breathing forms .

" thank you for everything , obanai . "

with that she left his estate with a bittersweet feeling .