chapter 2: the Hunter's cabin

His sweaty but cold hands where wrapped around my fragile frame. " my precious little birdie, don't you want to be perfect" he said, little drops of saliva landed on my face while he spoke. I shook my head. I stopped struggling a long time ago, it was no use. It would only burn up the energy I needed to stay warm in my cold cell. I felt something cold, something like a breeze. Strange, there was no wind inside the lab. "are you awake"? the scientist spoke in a unfamiliar but yet also familiar girly voice.                                                                                                                                     I blinked rapidly, and within the blink of an eye, I saw the girl in the coat hovering above my face. Their hair hung down slightly, and I was able to catch a glimpse of their dull brown greyish eyes. " It seems you are luckily, we have to keep going before he finds a way to come down here" she said. 

She stood up and reached a hand out. I slowly took it, my mind still woozy. I carefully got up, but almost fell over again. They carefully caught me, lending me an arm.                                                          I took it but they quickly let go once I was stable and looked away. They had a look on their face I couldn't decipher, mainly because of the hair hanging in front of their face. She grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her "let's go" she said. They were quite fast paced for someone with such short legged. I barely could keep up because my head was still hazy and everything was sore. But i wouldn't complain, because they were right, we had to keep going if we truly wanted to escape from the scientist. I heard a distant cry through the ravine from up on the cliff. "my precious" the whining voice of the scientist echoed.                                                                                  It send shivers down my spine. After a little bit the cliff started to change, everything started to get greener. I suddenly forgot all my sorrows and got a little more cheery. "green! I didn't know the outside looked like this"! The girl looked at me with a questioning look over her shoulder. " you've never been outside"? she asked. I shook my head violently. 

It stayed silent for a long while. The peace was disturbed when an unknown black creature shot up out of nowhere, screeching and making weird sounds. I was taken by surprise and stumbled back a bit. "aaah, what the flappers was that"? they let out a little snort of laughter. "you have never seen a crow"? they asked. " no, but I see they can fly, just like me"! I smiled, then it dawned on me. the girl didn't have wings like me. maybe I wasn't like them " is a crow a bird"? I asked. They looked at me, confused, than started laughing like a maniac.                                                I looked at them quizzically. " why are you laughing, I'm serious" They shed a little tear, which left me more confused. " are you kidding me, yes they are dummy"! she screamed while laughing loudly.                                                                                                                                                              More crows in the distance flew away. "hey, that's not my name!" I said, pouting.                            They calmed down a bit and looked at me" so what is your name either way"? they asked, wiping a stray tear from their face. I gave them a questioning look, and thought for a moment "well"? they grew impatient " its crow kid" I said, exultantly. They stared at me for a bit, know completely calmed down" you came up with that on the spot didn't you"? they asked. I nodded "yeah! I mean, I've got wings like a crow, and I'm a kid just like you aren't I"?                                          I questioned her.      

" Yeah I guess so, my name is Six by the way" they said. Six, huh. "like the number"?                          I asked. It was silent for a second. " yes" Six said, kind of hissing the s.I took in my surroundings, it was everywhere, green. And with so many different textures.                                                                With my free hand , because I was still holding Six's, I gripped pretty much every object that came by.                                                                                                                                                                                    Most of them where wet, probably from rain. I saw rain a few couple times from my window in my room, the scientist told me about the whole weather cycle. I guess the wet things where the plants he told me about. And I must be walking on grass right now.                                                            It felt so soft, and a little cold. Instead of normal walking, I slid my feed across the grass. What I failed to notice is that grass is slippery when its wet. I fell backwards on my butt, letting go of Sixes hand. I let out a yelp in pain.                                                                                                                        Footsteps in the distance. "shit, not again" Six whisper yelled and grabbed my hand. She sprinted forward, dragging me along with her.                                                                                                    Footsteps became heavier and it sounded like something or rather someone was running after us.