Chapter 4: what now?

I froze up, looking directly into the eyes of death. I heard a click signalling the Hunter was ready to take me away from this world. I couldn't move. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to be all over. But then I heard two familiar shouts, distracting him. He accidently opened fire on a patch of grass next to me because of the distraction. Somebody ran past me, grabbing my hand and dragging me along " Run!" my trusted friend with the bright yellow cap screamed.  

We ran to a shack and a bullet struck a chest right next to me. Mono started climbing the ramshackle planks on the side .                                                                                                                                     

I flew up, and another bullet struck the tv hanging strangely there from its cable. Mono and I reached the top where we could climb into a hole leading to an broken down attic like room, Six was already there ahead of us.                                                                                                                                

Mono grabbed my hand once again, boosting forward. Below the hunter came into the shack and pointed the gun at the ceiling .

We ran to Six , but just as we were almost at her side the plank beneath us caved in, I grabbed Mono's wrist with my free hand and flew up to where Six was. The Hunter took aim, shooting a fresh new hole into the ceiling. " Lets get out"! I yelled and flew to the hole at the other side, Mono and Six running behind me.  

I got out and they slid down the roof of the shack into the water, Mono momentarily holding onto the edge, but falling into the water after the hunter came out of the shack.  They hid under the boards forming a path over the water, as I decided to sit down in the opening we just came out of, staying out of sight.

My heart was pounding as I saw the light of his lantern shining around, searching for us. I shivered. The Hunter paced quickly down the dock, as Mono and Six wade silently through the water,diving under a dock themselves.  

I flew to the nearest tree, and sat on a branch waiting for the Hunter to move along. He shone his light over the water and saw Mono go under, Six already on the other side.                                

When He saw nothing, the Hunter walked along the path, and it was safe for me to proceed. I saw Six and Mono push against a tree stump, making it fall over into the water. 

The hunter was alerted by this and I once again could safely pass without getting noticed, And so did they. I waited for them on top of a steep hill, as they climbed up.                                                            

" phew, that was close" Mono whispered, hands on his now wet knees, breath shallow. "I'm glad you guys are ok" I said. Six looked at us, "we are not there yet, and keep quiet will ya" she said. I gulped. We sneaked forward, once again encountering an open field. 

The hunter was around, looking far and wide with his trusty light looking out for us. We sneaked along, hoping he would notice us. But it was no use, as two crows flew up from their rotten meat dinner, alerting him.                                                                                                                                                        

He took aim again as we ran past a wooden cage he opened his fire on. Before he could open another we ran into a nearby hut. 

Mono stumbled over a plank and Six and I closed the door. Mono got up as I held the door back, He jumped up and got a gun from the wall. Six came to his aid and aimed the gun at the hunter who already stuck his head trough a hole in the door. A loud bang could be heard and I held my head as my ears rang. I looked up at the door once again, but he wasn't there anymore. I looked over to my friends, and saw them struggling to get up after the blow. I ran over to them, lending both of them a hand.