Chapter 7

a/n:
i recommend reading this chapter with the song Roslyn by Bon Iver, ft. St. Vincent. it really puts you in a mood while reading it and make it way better in my opinion:)

——— .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. ——— 

"Y/n wait! Let me explain."

Y/n turned around swiftly to look at Louis in the eyes.
"Why did you cheat? Explain that."
y/n's voice cracked; it soft yet heartbroken.

"I didn't though. You have to believe me on this." Louis pleaded.

"Louis," y/n started; not even knowing what to say.
"How could I believe you after everything I saw. You have no idea how much you hurt me. You've hurt me so many times! I got in a car crash for goshs sake! Months of physical therapy! Yet I trusted you after you hurt me so many times. Then you kissed another girl and I got no explanation while everyone looked and stared at me like I was some kind of monster!"
Y/n breathed out in one breath.

Louis faltered back a bit, not sure what to say.

The bitter, winter breeze pricked their cheeks and noses harshly, them only being warmed by their salty tears and heavy coats.

"I understand your angry-."

"That's the thing though; I'm not angry Louis. No matter what you do I could never be mad at you. Just heartbroken. I have so many feelings towards you but none of which are anger.
Louis, you were once my best friend whom I shared everything with. I could tell and trust you with everything; including my heart.
When I saw that picture of you kissing that girl I couldn't breathe. I was and never will be angry with you about that. Why?
Because I love you.
I always will. How crazy is it that you broke my heart so many times but I still love you?
Louis I'm not angry, just simply heartbroken."
Y/n said softly between sniffles.

Y/n turned around to leave but was interrupted by Louis' voice.

"She forced herself on me." his voice cracked softly, almost too quiet for y/n to hear.

Y/n looked around and saw Louis' head hung low, looking at the ground and tears streaming down and hitting the icy pavement.

"She kissed me and caught me off guard." he said a little louder and sobbed heavily.

"She what?" y/n sniffled.

"I don't know who took the picture but Annie kissed me so she could have her 15 minutes of fame and make it look like I kissed her and cheated on you. I never wanted to kiss that girl but she caught me off guard and kissed me anyways." Louis broke down.

It felt like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.
"You didn't purposely kiss her and cheat?" y/n asked perplexed.

"Y/n! Why would I ever want to cheat on you?" Louis replied softly.

The space between Louis and Y/n was now so close, their chests almost touching as they rose and fell with their deep, nervous breaths.

"Why did you never say that before?" y/n spoke in almost a whisper.

"No one listened." Louis said with a half chuckle.
"Of course no one is going to listen to me. They see a picture of me kissing another girl but don't try to understand the whole story.
Everyone left and stopped talking to me. No one would listen." Louis sighed.

"I'm so sorry louis." y/n started.

"It's ok." Louis softly smiled as he looked longingly into those y/e/c eyes he had missed for so many months.

Y/n's soft perfume aroma slowly making its way to his nose; immediately reminded of the fun memories they had together.
Guilt, shame and sadness overtaking his heart as the girl he loved was right in front of him.