Stay with me

a/n ok this is after zenitsu met tanjiro and inosuke and mugen train already happened.(minor manga and movie spoilers) it isnt really like how the manga played out because i had to fit in y/n and himari.

To you
Yes, my love to you
Yes, my love to you, you
To you

zenitsu, inosuke, tanjiro, himari and me were all training together. well, more like tanjiro, himari and me were training. inosuke made zenitsu angry again and now zenitsu is chasing him around. at least they were exercising, right?

that was until the sound pillar, Tengen Uzui, came up to us. "tanjiro, zenitsu, inosuke, i need your help to save my wives."

zenitsu's eyes widened, "DID YOU SAY WIVES????? AS IN PLURAL?" Tengen nodded. zenitsu started muttering under his breath like a crazy person and tanjiro tried to calm him down.

in the end, they all agreed to help out Tengen and himari and i decided to go with them. the boys had to dress up as girls to sneak into the entertainment district so me and himari had a fun time laughing at them with make-up caked on their faces. it was night so we decided to leave tomorrow morning.

--------------------------------------------

i was on the roof, looking at the stars. it was silent and peaceful. that was until zenitsu came. i must have looked a bit annoyed at the interruption so zenitsu backed away.

"Stay with me

真夜中のドアをたたき
Knocking on midnight's door

帰らないでと泣いた Begging you not to go home (Ooh)

あの季節が 目の前 That season when I cried right in front of your eyes"

i could see zenitsu blush. we laid down together in silence.

Stay with me

口ぐせを言いながら Saying our favourite words

二人の瞬間を抱いて Holding on to our little moment (Ooh)

まだ忘れず 大事にしていた   I'll never forget it as long as I live

"y / n-chan? i scared."

i rolled my eyes playfully. " you're always scared zenitsu. thats not big news." he turned to face me. "but i heard we would be facing one of the upper moons!" he cried.

even though it didnt seem like it, i was nervous about that too. i wasnt a good swordsman yet. there is no way i could defend myself or any of them if we battled against the upper moon.

"and...we might get split up...what if you get hurt?" zenitsu muttered. i almost didnt hear him because of how soft he was. i blushed. i gave him a reassuring smile, trying to comfort him. although i seemed calm, i was really freaking out inside. he careed about me!

"i dont want to leave you y / n-chan! you're... you're a great friend!"

my heart broke a little. of course he only cares for as a friend, nothing more.

"Stay with me

真夜中のドアをたたき Knocking on midnight's door

心に穴があいた There's a holе in my heart (Ooh)

あの季節が 目の前 That season when I cried right in front of your eyes"

i said softly. zenitsu then hugged me, as if we werent going to see each other ever again.

"Stay with me

淋しさまぎらわして Distracted by my loneliness

置いたレコードの針 The needle on my record player (Ooh)

同じメロディ 繰り返していた... Was stuck on a repeating melody..."

his voice was muffled as he was speaking into my shoulder, but i heard him clearly. god, i love this boy.

a/n HEY HEY HEY im back from another long break hahaha. i realised this song was written in 1980 and the writer died at the ae of 44 from cancer. im sure she is happy her song blew up :) fly high miki matsubara.

word count : 572 words