A Fun Trip: Pt. 2

Something awoke Yuqi in the middle of the night. At first, she thought she was dreaming or something. But then, she realized it was coming from Xukun. He was whispering pieces of sentences and phrases. She walked over to his bed and listened closely.

"雨,雨琦。你不能走。你要待在这儿。" (Yu-yuqi. You can't leave. You have to stay here.) Then, there was silence. Yuqi figured Cai was probably having a nightmare, and she stroked his hair to calm him down. It seemed to work. He no longer mumbled anything in his sleep. Yuqi decided he was fine now and went back to bed. In the morning, Xukun woke up and grabbed some breakfast at a place right below their hotel. When he came back, Yuqi wasn't in the room. He started panicking and turned on his phone quickly to call her. That's when he realized he had a missed call from Yuqi three minutes ago. She also texted him. The text read, "Where are you?" He was about to call her again, but then she walked in the room herself. When their eyes met, a sign of relief released from both of them. It was like a drama. The two of them walked up to each other and hugged each other. It was just like a drama. Except it was in real life. After they pulled away, Yuqi lightly punched Kun.

"你到底去哪儿了?我找了你半天!" (Where were you? I looked for you everywhere!) Xukun smiled softly and said, "我刚刚也在找你。你没事就好。" (I was also looking for you too. As long as you're okay, there's no problem.) "I went to buy us breakfast. Here. Eat some." Yuqi couldn't stay mad at Cai after his heart-warming smile and gentleness. She took a bite and exclaimed, "It's good!". It was Yuqi's favorite, Chinese vegetable buns. She took another bite and closed her eyes, savoring the soft dough melt in her mouth and chewing the crunchy vegetables. Kun took another one for himself and the two of them sat on the couch to eat.

"Last night...were you dreaming of anything?" The question made Kun stop chewing and he paused for a moment, as if unsure whether to tell the truth.

"No. Why did you ask?" His lying was actually decent. Yuqi wouldn't be able to tell if she didn't see it herself at night.

"Kun, I thought...I thought I heard you mumbling something about me last night. What was that about? Do you remember?" Yuqi attempted once more. She was too curious.

"Well..." Again, Kun had trouble knowing what to say next. Yuqi saw this and now was even more determined to know. What was giving him so much hesitation?

"Yes. It...it kind of bothers me how much I remember. In my dream, you were–" Kun paused, gathering his thoughts, and then finally said, "Nevermind. It was only a dream anyway." Yuqi couldn't force him to tell her. She wanted to respect his privacy and all that, but she still didn't see why there was a reason to hide a dream. All she knew was that it was a bad nightmare. She was about to get up and get some water when Cai said something.

"Actually, it really wasn't anything. I can tell you. In my dream, you almost–" Just when Yuqi was about to know everything about his dream, Xukun's phone went off. It was their alarm to meet their friend. Yuqi decided to set the dream away and have some actual fun here.