1. Forget the Hat

Please forgive me for any spelling errors, anyways if you didn't reach the description their is SaiOuma and KaiMaki as well, so yea- but overall this will be a SaiMota obviously- just thought I should say that

Shuichi lowered his hat to cover his eyes as he stood up from his seat.
"M-My name is Saihara Shuichi...and I-I'm the Ultimate...Detective."

The teacher nodded and he quickly sat down.
"Ouma you next."

"Uhh finally! I was wondering when this class would be blessed with meeting me!"

"Just introduce yourself."

"I'm Ouma Kokichi, and I'm the Ultimate Supreme Leader! I know I know, you all wish you were me, but you aren't! So suck on it!!"

"What exactly kind of talent is that..?" Kaede asked.

"Oh nothing...I just run a super secret evil organization with over 10,000 members that rule this world! Believe it or not I control a lot of things! I even control this school too, so no homework this week~"

"You do not control this school." The teacher said giving a serious expression folding her arms.

"You're right, that was a lie!" He said with a smirk before sitting back down.

Shuichi couldn't help but stare at the short boy curious by his weird personality.

The teacher rolled her eyes looking at the list before saying, "Harukawa."

"Harukawa Maki. I'm the Ultimate Child Caregiver." She said and she instantly sat back down. The teacher didn't mind the quick introduction before she said "Momota your next."

He was unresponsive and instead he had his eyes on the girl with brown hair.

"Momota?"

"Oh yea! Ahem..." he stood up with pride and smiled.
"I, Momota Kaito, am the Luminary of the Stars!! You cant say you don't love the Ultimate Astronaut!"

Shuichi turned his head away.
I could never have pride in my talent like him...

The boy standing seemed to notice him look away and even though he knew nothing of the boy he decided right then and there that they would become friends.

And so they did.

~

Shuichi was startled when he closed his locker to see Kaito by him.
"Gyah?! Momota right? W-What are you doing?!"

"I'm not allowed to talk to a classmate?"

"N-No...I was just s-surprised and...c-confused."

"Why are you confused? You are my classmate aren't you?"

"That's not it..." he said lowering his hat so he didn't have to look at Kaito.
"Confused on...w-why me I guess."

Kaito looked at the hat covering his face before taking it off of him.

"Hey! W-What are you-"

"Why you hve on this hat anyway?"

"It's more of...a personal thing."

"Oh I see." Kaito said giving the hat back before a smile appeared on his face.
"Well then we'll just have to get closer so you can tell me! So I'll meet you at the park near here at 4 then!"

Not even letting him get to answer he nodded and walked off.

What? What is his interest in me? I'm just...some stupid detective aren't I?

~

"Ah Saihara! There you are!"

"Yea...I'm here...s-so now what?"

"Come on why do you sound disappointed?"

Shuichi just stayed silent as Kaito sat down on the grass patting the spot next to him.

"So how did you get your title?"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Oh so then it's related to the hat thing huh? Alright then. Well then you get to hear my amazing story! I may have had paper forged so I could take a test to qualify for training."

"You mean like paperwork?"

"Yep! Ended up getting caught, but I did so good that they let me begin training still! And so now, I'm the Ultimate Astronaut! And one day, I'll rule the sky."

"Why would you take a risk like that..?"
Shuichi asked a little intrigued by his...stupidness.

"You gotta take risks sometimes."

"O-Or you don't...that's easier a lot of the t-time..the easier path is...we'll easy."

Kaito looked at Shuichi trying to read him. When he finally did he took a breath.

"Hey. You can't run away for ever you know? Otherwise you can't ever confront your problems and grow from it. You get what I mean?"

Shuichi looked at Kaito's warming smile. He wasn't sure why but he felt something in him change.

"Um...M-my talent...I happened to solve this murder case. That's how I got my title."

"Really? That sounds quite cool! Why would you be upset about that?"

"The culprit...the culprit killed the victim to get revenge. The victim drove someone close to the culprit to suicide...everyone said the culprit did the right thing, that he shouldn't be locked up...but we caught him...and when we did...he looked at me...and..."

Kaito waited patiently for him to finish. He took off his hat looking at it.

"He looked at me like he hated me more then anything else in the world. He wanted me dead...so...I-I started wearing this hat...so I wouldn't have to look people in the eye..."

Kaito took the hat from Shuichi for the 2nd time that day.

"Well if all you do is look away, you won't be able to look forward so you can move forward. You understand? If you turn away because of one bad experience, you can't ever look to the bright future. What I'm trying to say is..."

Kaito paused and looked at the sky.
"Forget the hat. Otherwise you won't ever get to have good experience with people you know?"

Shuichi looked as Kaito spoke with a smile, and he too looked at the sky.

I'm not sure why...but...I get it...and I want to change...thanks Kaito...you're a good friend.

"So....you know Harukawa right? If we're gonna be friends let's just get one thing clear..."