Chapter 5: Darryl

"Please I'm after Phoebe." a form 1 girl approached us and curtsied.

"Yeah that's me."

"Please you're needed at the Chemistry lab"
I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"By who?" I asked rather curtly.

"Mr. Fletcher."

I choked on saliva immediately coughing as I did. She turned and left.

I sat still, unable to meet the prying stares of Lina and Anne.

"Spill" came Lina's stern command.

"huh?... Sp...spill what? Is there anything to spill?"

Where was my acting skills when I needed it!

"Don't dare play dumb 'cause you're smarter than that" Anne who had just recovered from her anger added quickly.

"Y'all should just chillax. You know how that guy hates my guts. It's nothing new. Same old vibes I'm sure."
I tried to reason with them but they gave me the 'really' look.

"At least I'm allowed to go hear what he has to say right?"  I stood up  abruptly without waiting for their response and sprinted towards the Chemistry lab.

My heart was a racing mess when I ascended the stairs. I hunched over right in front of the lab to catch my breath. To say I was breathing harshly due to my little sprinting session would be the dumbest lie ever.

Mr. Fletcher, after giving me the silent treatment for over a week or so, had finally called for me. I rehearsed series of lies in my mind to convince him that the kiss was just an unplanned inconvenience which should've never happened but no lie, so far, out won his intelligence.

'I slipped and fell on his lips? Just imagine! Even a day old baby should no better.

"Here goes nothing" I mentally prepared for the worst as I pushed the heavy glass door and stepped into the chilly atmosphere.

Deep breaths.
Deep breaths.
I gat this.

  My breath hitched as my eyes landed on him. He was crouched against a desk at the far end of the spacious room, his fingers tapping gently away on his phone's screen.

Black looked good on him I must say. He wore a plain black long sleeved shirt on a pair of gray trousers. From where I stood I couldn't see his feet but undoubtedly it looked equally classy in an expensive looking pair of shoes like the fashionable gentleman we had grown accustomed to.

My mind went abso-freaking-lutely blank when he swept his gaze over me. I stood there, hands playing with the hem of my skirt as I shivered under his gaze. His eyes lingered over me for a moment and returned to his phone.

My eyebrows seemed to have a mind of its own as it furrowed in  amusement.

So he called for me to offer audience duties or what?

I stood there hopping from one foot to the other. After about two minutes, I had had enough. 

What the hell?

I cleared my throat, seeing as he had obviously forgotten my presence. He looked up again and scoffed.

"Your drama follows you everywhere huh?" He said shoving his phone into his pocket and crossing his arms over his chest afterward. I scratched my forehead nervously.

"S..sir you...you called for me." I hated how he made me feel  under pressure anytime he was around.

The plan was to act as nonchalant as possible. However when I finally opened my mouth to speak,the stutter came uninvited making me look weak.