Chapter 1

The happiness he was feeling was something beyond his imagination. Lightly caressing his wife's hand with his thumb, he looked towards her baby bump and smiled. Today, they got to know the gender of their baby. It's a boy. The love of his life is bragging about the names of their baby. He looked towards her, brown wavy hair, warm green eyes, her lips, her everything, was just perfect in his eyes.

He knew, once they'll reach home, the boys will jump on him asking questions about the baby. He smiled at that thought. He was happy. But he still wanted a baby girl. His family, from the last three generations, were never so lucky to have a girl. Shaking his head to get rid of the sad thoughts, he sighed and looked towards his beautiful wife and smiled. He said, "I love you, Bella."

Bella smiled lovingly at her husband and replied, "I love you too, Vincenzo"
Then both of them gazed towards her baby bump and said, "We love you, baby".

Suddenly, a gunshot was heard, their car crashed against a tree and the tires of their SUV made a screeching sound.

" CAZZO" (fuck) Vincenzo yelled, Anger and frustration visible on his face.
While on the other hand, Bella was worried.
Vincenzo looked at her, then kissed her forehead and mumbled, "I'll be back, Love. Don't come out of the car until I say so, please."

Then he looked towards the driver's seat. His driver has been shot. His men were all shooting at the rivals. He took out his gun from his cincture and started shooting at the people who attacked them, killing three of them in the process.

Carrying a gun, killing people, was normal for him. Their screams were music to his ears, people tremble in his presence. And why won't they? He's the head of the Italian mafia, the strongest and the deadliest one.
Vincenzo and his men were all shooting at their rivals mercilessly, unaware of the fact that someone was successful to climb inside their car.
Bella was worried about Vincenzo's safety. Then suddenly a man wearing a black mask entered the car. She glanced towards the window, her husband was busy taking down the rivals and they were a little far away. Panic struck her, she reached for her gun and shot that man on his chest and ran out of the car. She took a run towards her husband but before she could reach him, two men caught her. She screamed Vincenzo's name.

The moment Vincenzo heard his wife's scream, he stilled. His whole world stopped when he saw Bella in the clutch of two men with a gun pointed towards her head. In this whole dilemma, Vincenzo stopped fighting the men and taking advantage of the opportunity they punched him, making him fall on his knees with them pointing a gun at his head.

Vincenzo's men were outnumbered. He needs to call the backup soon but seeing Bella at gunpoint made him weary.
¶¶¶

Bella's emotions were all over the place, she was worried, panicked, angry and frustrated. But she knew, like a good Donna, she has to be strong, not only for Vincenzo and her but for their baby too. So when she saw Vincenzo shift his gaze towards her, she gave him a comforting smile. She knew he was worried about the baby and her safety but if he doesn't call the backup fast, they can get killed. But then one of the men who captured her tightened his hold on her left hand. She winced and cursed him in Russian, " кровавая сука" (bloody bitch)

Vincenzo was a little bit calm now so he pushed the dial of his watch to call the backup. It will alert his men and they will reach here as soon as possible.
Vincenzo and Bella both were waiting for the leader of these men to come out. Because they knew that all of these men were just soldiers. The real problem was hiding somewhere.
Then suddenly a black SUV came and was parked near the car which attacked them. Another man wearing a black mask came out of it.

"Well, well, well, we got the almighty Vincenzo Raul Mavouitre on his knees because of a fucking woman, huh?" The man's voice was thick with an accent Vincenzo soon recognized.
"French Mafia." He growled out.
"Smart, boy." The man's voice filled with amusement.

"Why are you hiding your face? Too scared to face me, huh? Aw you Lil bitch. " Vincenzo said in a sarcastic tone. To which the man got pissed and punched him.
"Shut the fuck up. You are on your knees with a gun pointed at his head, not me."
Vincenzo was just trying to delay that man as much as possible waiting for the backup to come fast.

Then the man tsked and walked towards Bella who was still in the clutches of those two disgusting bitches, that's what she thinks.
"Mmm, such a beauty you got there Raul. Oh, she pregnant again? It's your eighth one. Am I right? It will be such a pain to lose a beautiful woman and a child. No?" The man said while caressing Bella's cheek and her looking at his hand in disgust.
"DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER.", Vincenzo growled out but the man just chuckled.

"I wanna say, you got some luck wi-"
The man's voice was cut off by gunshots, one by one the bodies of the people from the French mafia dropped on the ground letting Vincenzo and Bella know that the backup is here.
¶¶¶
Their leader was only shot in the arm and leg as Vincenzo's men knew he will be needed for getting information out of him and killing him can start a war, if he's the leader of the French Mafia, so two men grabbed him and started to drag him towards their car.
Vincenzo ran towards Bella and helped her stand up. They both started walking towards one of their guard's car.
Meanwhile, the man stomped on one of the guard's foot making him yelp and lose the grip he had on his hand. Then he grabbed his gun and targeted Vincenzo but he missed because of his injured arm.
The bullet hit Bella's side of her stomach.
Her scream echoed in the place they were standing.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Quote of the day:

"If you really love that person, learn to wait. Maybe, you are not meant to be together today, but meant to be in the future."

Toodles.