Chapter 2

Her scream ignited something in Vincenzo's heart because without thinking about any consequences he shot that man in the forehead and ran towards a barely awake Bella. He sat on his knees near her.

"Hey Bella, please stay with me," Vincenzo said while patting her cheeks to keep her awake.

"I-It hurt-s Vince, p-please the bab-baby...", Bella whispered while tears streamed down her cheeks as she didn't have the energy to talk a lot.

"I know, I know Bella. We are going to the hospital, just stay silent and don't close your eyes. Nothing will happen to you or the baby"

Vincenzo stood up with Bella in his arms and ran towards one of his guard's car. They drove towards the hospital in silence with him patting Bella's cheeks occasionally to keep her awake.

The moment they reached his hospital he started yelling for a doctor. A doctor came rushing towards them, he checked Bella's condition and said, "Sir, she's losing blood fast, we have to take her to the operation theatre, remove the bullet and give her some blood." To which Vincenzo growled, "So what the fuck are you waiting for, huh? Remember that, if ANYTHING happens to Bella or my baby, I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

Soon Bella was rushed to the operation theatre. Vincenzo was panicking, worry visible on his face.

He then decided to call the two people whom he trusted with his life.
Orias Leigh Ramiro and Ben Pierson.
He first ringed Orias.

"Hey asshole, how's my nephew, Bella told me it's a boy, I can't wait-"

"O-Orias, Bella is in the h-hospital."

"What? How?"

"When we were coming back, we were attacked by the French mafia"

"Бля! блядь! блядь! Which hospital?"
(Fuck!Fuck!Fuckity fuck!)

"Mine"

"Bitch you own the whole fucking country, which one?

"Ramitre Hospital", Vincenzo sighed.

"Okay, I'll try to be there as soon as possible"

Vincenzo sighed for the nth time and then texted Ben because he knew he will not be able to tell everything to him again.

¶¶¶

Bella is still in the operation theatre and Vincenzo is sitting on one of the chairs in the waiting room with his head against his crossed hands and elbows resting on his knees when he felt a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
He looked towards the owner of the hand who was staring at him.

"Ben", said Vincenzo.

The man was in his early thirties with kohl eyes, perfectly jelled jet black hair, little stubble adorning his sharp jaw, wearing a navy blue Armani suit and a reassuring smile on his face.

"H-hey asshole.", his voice cracking a bit.

Vincenzo knew it affected Ben to see Bella in this condition too. The three of them were the bestest of friends in their college. Then Bella and Vincenzo fell in love and soon married.

Seeing his best friend, Vincenzo wasn't able to control his emotions and broke into sobs. Who would have thought that one day, the cold-hearted, notorious and scary Italian mafia boss will cry because of the women who captured his heart.

"Hey! Hey! Calm the fuck down. Nothing will happen to them. Both of them are strong. We know Bella, she's a fighter. She won't let anything happen to the baby." Said Ben, to which Vincenzo sighed and replied, "I know, but just- I don't feel good."

"Oi! Keep those stupid thoughts in the trash can of your brain and focus. Everything's going to be alright, ok?"

That caused a small smile to break on Vincenzo's face. He knew for a fact that if there's someone who will always be there for him are his family and his friends.

¶¶¶

A nurse then emerged from the operation theatre, causing both of the men to stand up from their seats to know what is going on.

The terrified nurse answered stuttering, "We removed the bul-bullet but there's a lot of b-blood. But we are t-trying, sir."

The news made Vincenzo worried. A lot of what if's came rushing to his mind, and none of them was positive.

¶¶¶

The doctor emerged from the operation theatre while removing his mask, a frown on his face.

Vincenzo and Ben who were still in the waiting room jumped to get to know about Bella and the baby's condition.

"What happened? Are they alright now?", a panicked Vincenzo asked eagerly.

The words which left the doctor's mouth made his whole world stop.

" Sorry, Mr Mavouitre, we couldn't save your baby. There was a lot of internal bleeding which led to a miscarriage."

"What about Bella?", asked Ben.

"She's fine, right now she's unconscious and weak, please take care of her. Such news can make a huge impact on one's mental health."

Then the doctor sympathetically patted Vincenzo's shoulder and left. 

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

Soo, what y'all say? What happens next? Any guesses?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.
Love y'all ❤