Chapter 7

After identifying the body, Valencia was taken to the interrogation room, where another officer was present.

The officer was probably in his mid-fifties with salt and pepper hair and worry lines on his face. His experienced eyes scrutinizing Valencia,

"Something is strange about this kid," he thought.

"Привет, I am officer Igor, father of Alexei, how are you, Miss Griffin?" (Hello)

"It's Ramiro," she corrected him.

Something flashed in Igor's eyes and his lips parted in recognition.

"Valencia?"

The girl kept her face straight but there was confusion dancing in her eyes. Nonetheless, she nodded.

Officer shook his head a little and then started his interrogation,

"Are you sure that's Mr Griffin?"

"Yes"

"How are you so sure that it's him?"

"He got a scar on his arm from an accident a year ago."

"Accident?" Igor rose his brow in question.

"Yes. He was walking down the street and a car was speeding from there. He was fortunate enough to move away at the time and hit the pavement, which caused his arm to bleed out and him to get stitches."

Valencia stated, to which Igor nodded while humming and then continued.

"Where were you when Alexei visited your house?"

"I was at Ekaterina's Library, working. You can ask her."

"When was the last time you saw Mr Griffin?"

"Yesterday morning"

"And you didn't report a missing complaint even after twenty-four hours of him not communicating with you even once?"

"He has the habit of going to month-long business trips without telling me"

This caused Igor to raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"Mr Griffin had no relatives, so we will be taking your blood sample to search for any of your family, or you'll be going into the foster system again,"

"I already told officer Alexei that I don't have any family left"

"You did, but these are just procedures, please cooperate with us," he said to which the girl reluctantly nodded.

"Alexei please take her to Dr Ivanov and come back, I want to talk to you"

Alexei who was listening to the interrogation came forward, nodded towards his father and took Valencia to the doctor for the blood sample.

The young officer left the girl with the doctor and walked back to the interrogation room where his father was waiting.

"Yes, Отец?" Alexei asked his father breaking him from his thoughts.

"Oh yeah, you remember Leigh?" asked Igor expectantly.

It took a few moments for Alexei to remember whom his father was talking about.

"I knew she looked familiar and her last name, О Боже (oh God)"

"I know, son, I know."

"We have to tell her."

"No, not now. She'll need proof, she is a smart kid. Let Dr Ivanov take her blood sample and search,"

Igor knew, once she'll see the tests, she'll understand.