Arachnid versus Jay

"Can't sleep?" Jenny glanced up from her hot chocolate to see Lloyd standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"What do you think?" she replied quietly. Lloyd came and sat down beside her, frowning in concern.

"What is it, this time?" The Light Ninja shook her head.

"Not now," she told him. "We need to decide our next prank now." The Energy Ninja hesitated.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. It's nothing bad. I'll tell you in the morning." Her best friend sighed and nodded.

"Okay then. Who are we gonna prank next?"

"Hm," Jenny hummed thoughtfully. "We did Kai a couple weeks ago, that one was hilarious." Lloyd smiled at the memory.

"Maybe Cole?" he suggested. "Or Jay?"

"Oh, Jay!" Jen exclaimed excitedly. "We haven't pranked him in ages!" Lloyd mirrored her grin.

"I think I have a plan for him as well."

"Now, will you tell me why you couldn't sleep last night?" Lloyd questioned Jenny the next morning, as they busied themselves with making breakfast: they were the first ones up, so no one else was around.

"Remember the date that Kai took me on a couple days ago?" she asked. "I was thinking about that again. You see, he....he's just....so....so gentle! No one could ever replace him. I feel safe with him, you know? Like, I won't have to worry about a thing as long as he's by my side. It's....nice. Not only that, but he's hot as hell! And....well, even if there wasn't gravity on earth, I think I'd still fall for him."

"Oh, hey there, Kai." Lloyd spoke calmly, trying to hide a smile. Jenny glanced up to see her boyfriend standing in the doorway.

"Well, damn."

"I knew you liked me, but I didn't think it was that much." She grimaced.

"Sorry. No, wait....why am I apologising?" Kai smiled and ruffled her hair.

"That's my girl!"

"Maybe some time in the future, you'll go a whole week without apologising." Lloyd suggested, watching Jenny bat Kai's hand away before dropping a fifty pence coin into the 'Unnecessary Apologies' jar.

"That's very unlikely." 

Just then, a loud, high-pitched scream sounded from Jay's bedroom: Jenny jumped, instinctively stepping closer to her boyfriend. Lloyd winced at the loud noise. Kai raised his eyebrows at the two of them.

"Know anything about that?"

"Maybe." The Dream Team replied in perfect synchronisation. The Fire Ninja laughed.

"What did you do?" Thankfully, Lloyd and Jenny were saved from telling him by Jay, who came running into the room while screaming his head off. And Alex wasn't too far behind him.

"There's a spider in my room!"

"We all heard." Alex drawled, unimpressed: he had been woken by Jay screaming and had followed him into the kitchen. And he was not happy.

"Sorry." Jen mouthed her apology. Alex just rolled his eyes and left the kitchen to go back to bed. The Dream Team turned their attention to Kai, using their best puppy dog eyes to convince him not to tell Jay that they were behind the prank.

"Well, what do you expect us to do?" Kai questioned Jay and winked at Jenny, who breathed out a quiet sigh of relief.

"Kill it!"

"Aw, don't kill the poor thing," Lloyd whined. "It's not doing any harm, is it?"

"Imagine if people killed people for being annoying," Jenny agreed thoughtfully. "I'd have died years ago."

"Oof, now that's dark," Her adopted twin commented. "Even for us. I love it."

"I can't kill it," Jay retorted. "It has eight legs and I have two. That's not a fair fight!"

"So, who's gonna tell him we all have two legs?" Lloyd whispered to Jenny under his breath.

"Shush, I wanna watch this."

"Jay, you're bigger than a spider."

"Just barely." Jen murmured. Lloyd clapped his hand over his mouth to hide his smile.

"Can one of you just get rid of it!"

"We'll do it." Jenny volunteered herself and her partner in crime.

"Nice move," Lloyd hissed quietly to her as they left the kitchen. "If we get rid of it, then it'd look unlikely that we put it there."

"That's the plan."