Lightflame

A/N: The pic is Jenny's engagement ring

Kai sat at the edge of the courtyard, watching Jenny and Lloyd train together. It was a lot more like play fighting than serious training, though: neither of them had their game faces on.

"Hey," he looked up to see Nya standing there. "Can I sit?"

"Sure." She sat down beside him. There was silence between them for a while, as they watched the Dream Team play.

"How's it going?" Nya asked, breaking the silence. "You said you were gonna propose at some point?"

"Yeah," Kai sighed. "I just never seem to find the right moment."

"This is Jenny we're talking about. She's easy to please. She'd probably still say yes, even if you messed it up."

"Shut up," he responded playfully. "It's gonna be perfect."

"Well, don't leave it for when you're almost dying," Nya replied matter-of-factly. "Like you did last time."

"Easy for you to say, you never had to ask the question." His sister shrugged.

"Jay still needed your help."

"I don't need your help." Kai scoffed.

"Hey, chill," Nya told him. "I'm just excited to have two sisters-in-law....uh....one and a half? Whatever. My point still stands." He opened his mouth to respond when Jenny ran over, laughing.

"Hey Kai," she greeted him. "Wanna join?"

"Jenny!" he exclaimed in surprise. "Hi, hey, hello, uh....join what?" Nya mentally facepalmed.

"Me and Lloyd!" Jen re-joined cheerfully, apparently not noticing her boyfriend's sudden nervousness. "We've been play fighting for the past ten minutes or so. C'mon, it'll be fuuuun!"

"Uh, sorry, but I'll pass," he said awkwardly. "We could hang out later, though?"

"As you wish, darling!" She spun away to continue play fighting with her twin.

"You're nervous," Nya commented, once she'd gone. "You don't have to be. She'll say yes."

"How did you know I'm nervous?" His sister sighed long-sufferingly.

"Kai, you're never awkward when it comes to Jen," she pointed out. "And you were just now. You think I wouldn't notice?"

"But-"

"You've been dating for two years now," Nya reminded him. "Have a little faith in her, hot shot."

"Well, what if she says no?"

"Why would she say no?" she countered.

"I mean, what if she's not ready?" he started to panic. "What if she just wants to take it slow, or what if she doesn't wanna marry at all? What if-"