Part 1

If I'm being completely honest, I'm less than happy about moving out of my childhood home. I had never seen the house before we moved in. I was asleep when my mom woke me up saying we were at our new house, it was a beautiful gray house. 3 bedroom, 4 bath. I was mesmerized.

As I got out of the car I saw a boy around my age standing on his porch. I didn't really see what he looked like but I smiled and waved at him. My mom told me to get some boxes and take them to my new room. I agreed and picked up a few boxes that said "y/n's room" as I walked inside I was shocked, hardwood floors, marble and normal walls. This was the nicest house I've ever seen in my life and I was going to live in it! As I walked up the 2 flights of stairs to get to my room, I realized. Holy shit I have the top room. I have the roof  room. It had 2 windows on the top and 3 windows on the walls. I went back downstairs and looked around more. It was amazing I thought I was hallucinating!

I walked back outside to see a woman talking to my mom. Wearing a red tank top type shirt and skinny jeans! I walk over and my mom introduces me to her "hi! I'm Melissa, I'm your neighbor!" -she said flashing a big smile- I shook her hand saying "I'm y/n!" "That's my son over there! He goes to west valley high. He's excited you guys moved in! He wants to see if he can meet y/n to maybe be her friend!! If that's ok."-she says- I give my mom a "NO PLEASE NO" look but she says "yes of course!" I groan quietly so Melissa can't hear me and walk over to her porch.

I look up to see that boy I saw earlier sitting on a chair on the porch, he looks up to see his mom and me standing beside her. I notice he looks nervous. The more I stare at him I realize he has a scar on his lip, "would you like something to drink, y/n?" -Melissa asks- "yes! Waters fine, thank you!" -I say- "I'll leave you two to get to know each other!" -she says as she walks away-

me and this boy just kinda stare at each other for a minute... I break the awkward silence, "what's the deal with your lip?" -I say- I didn't realize how rude that sounded until I said that. He kinda covers his lip with his finger. "Oh no! I didn't mean it like that! I'm not here to bother you about it! I'm just curious." -I say feeling kinda bad- he hasn't said anything to me the entire time I've been here. "It's cute! The scar!" -I say to help the situation- "oh um I was born with a cleft lip this is the scar from the surgery..!" -this boy with a quiet voice says- "I'm back! Here's your water!" -Melissa says handing me a water- "thank you!" -I say- "I'm Eli..!" -he says-  awww cute name! It matches him perfectly. I think to myself. "Oh ok well hello Eli!" -I say reaching my hand out- Eli accepts and shakes my hand!

~a few minutes later~

I think you should go home so you don't get in trouble for being here to long!" -Melissa says- "ok! It was nice meeting you guys:)" -I say putting the empty cup on the coffee table on the porch. I skip down the steps and go back to my mom.

"was she nice?" -Melissa asks Eli- "yea!" -Eli says- "she's very pretty" -Melissa says- "yeah!" -Eli says- "oooo does someone have a crush" -Melissa says shaking her shoulders up and down- "Kinda..!But she doesn't like my back so I'm gonna drop it" -Eli says- "you don't know that! -Melissa says- "I kinda do. No one has a crush on me. No one ever has. -Eli says kinda disappointed-

When I walk in I see my mom drinking some coffee, "how was it?" -my mom asks- "good!" -I say- "he's a good looking kid!" -my mom jokes- "yea he really is, he's very cute" -I say- "oo do you have a crush?" -she asks- "kinda but he doesn't like me back" -I say- "you don't know that!" -she says- "im gonna go decorate my room!