DAY 3 - Everything shattered

⇧ EN // FR ⇩

Image at the beginning of the chapter: @leslievernon2 on twitter

𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 : Violence, Blood, Major characters death

Prompt 1: Traitor / Laughter / Ruin Hunter

Why?

Why did he do that?

All this was supposed to have a happy ending, so why did it have to end miserably like this?

After all we endured with Childe, we finally confessed what we felt for one another. We just started dating, enjoying this relationship we were building as time went by. Childe was a member of the Fatui, and I was coming from another world, but we both decided to face our destiny and to laugh at the random gods that were trying to tear us apart. Everything was more than perfect. We were both strong and fierce, filled with courage to face any enemy that crossed our path, and yet we were showing our love to each other with subtil and tender gestures that no one could even expect from either of us.

He actively helped me find my brother, using all the contacts and relations he could within the Fatui, searching for every bit of information that could have a link to my missing brother.

After days, weeks, and finally a couple months had passed, something came to Childe's ears. An Abyss mage had leaked a future plan of the Abyss Order, revealing the time and the location of the attack. I decided without an ounce of hesitation to go there, and of course, Childe followed to help me.

I finally saw the light at the end of this lonely tunnel without my only twin. I saw it.

But that lasted only a few moments before the harsh reality hit me deep in my heart, shattering all my hopes.

That metallic smell I knew all too well was all over the place, staining the blade of my sword, the purity of my white dress, the bright gold of my hair, the gloves of my two trembling hands.

That wasn't how it was supposed to be. We should all have come back home, all the three of us, my lover and my brother standing by my side. Everything was supposed to end: all those researchs, all those nightmares about when this Unknown God had kidnapped my brother, all this pain I had felt because of the loneliness the presence of Childe couldn't posssibly replace.

Ironically enough, one could say I obtained what I wanted: everything ended.

But not the way it should have.

I didn't want my brother to be a traitor. I naively thought I could reason with him only through words, but that was only a mirage.

The plan he was carrying was necessiting a lot of Ruin Guards and Ruin Hunters. They were all over the place, circling around their arrogant Prince who was himself sitting on a mechanic hand of a Ruin Guard.

Seeing his sister, me, I thought he would be shocked, or maybe relieved, just like I was at that moment. But that wasn't the case. He attacked without any second thoughts. He attacked me, to fight me.

But my body couldn't move. I thought, since the day I had set foot in Teyvat, I thought I had convinced myself to be able to kill him if I had to fight him, but I was wrong. My mind was petrified, my eyes locked on his little figure, his golden braid blown away because of the wind, and his eyes... These eyes that were once filled with kindness and gentleness were only the remnants of what they used to be, pale and without anything shining at the very bottom, as if he were already dead inside of himself.