DAY 7 - Lumine has shrunk!

⇧ EN // FR ⇩

> 4000 WORDS

Image at the beginning of the chapter: @k0b_ba on twitter

𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 : Suggestive themes 

Katheryne had called Lumine late in the evening to exterminate a group of Abyss Mages who were rampaging towards the Guili Plains. Since this was an urgent matter, Lumine agreed to take care of it even though she had finished her day. She planned to take care of it quickly, but alas, there were many more than she had been told. When she approached them, she noticed that they were preparing some kind of ritual. She hurried to attack to thwart their plan, but she was taking too long. At one point, just as she was about to take a hit from a Pyro mage while dealing with a Hydro one, she received unexpected help.

An arrow infused with the Hydro element.

Without even needing to turn around, she knew her back was covered, so she went on the offensive even more, taking down mage after mage, occasionally receiving help. Finally, when she attacked the last mage in the race, a sort of giant lightning bolt formed above her and the enemy. Too caught up in her momentum, she couldn't get out of the way in time after knocking the mage down. As a result, she was struck by a bolt of lightning that had absolutely nothing to do with an ordinary weather phenomenon.

For a moment, Lumine was stunned by the blast that struck her. It was as if all her senses were disturbed. When her mind finally unraveled enough to become aware of her surroundings, she heard Childe's voice shouting.

"Lumine?! Lumine?!"

Why was he shouting? She hadn't moved as far as she knew. And that was right, after checking, she was still in the place where she was struck by lightning. However, with one exception.

She was the height of the grass, about ten centimeters high.

Panicking about her unlikely and completely unusual height, she clung to the only person who could get her out of this mess at this moment.

"Childe!"

Her cry sounded like that of a squawking chick: shrill but ineffective. She then persisted louder, refusing to stay in the Guili Plains with that size.

"CHILDE!!! CHILDE!!!"

She knew that Childe had heard her because she felt the earth tremble as his footsteps approached her position. She continued to yell in order to signal her position without him crushing her. Once one of his boots was within inches of Lumine, he knelt down to observe the ground in detail. She noticed his bluish gaze land on her as he scanned the area.

"Lumine?!"

He gently moved a hand toward her, palm open to allow her to climb up, which she did. He then brought his hand up to his face to bring Lumine to eye level. Expecting him to ask her questions, to exclaim, to have any reaction at all, she was surprised when he said only a few words.

"You're cute."

As if to support what he had just said, he brought the index finger of his other hand closer to pat Lumine's head, which was barely wider than his finger. This gesture surprised her, as well as the strange sensations it gave her. It was as if she had become a kind of cat at that moment whose head was being stroked. It was not disturbing in itself, what was on the contrary, was this pleasure that she felt.

Trying to regain her senses, she tried as best she could to push his finger away from her head with her non-existent strength, but without much success. She had to wait until Childe realized that she didn't want him to act like that anymore before he stopped.