DAY 4 - Summer vacation: a narwhal as a pet?

⇧ EN // FR ⇩

Image at the beginning of the chapter: @KB_beary on twitter

Prompt 1: Pets / Treasures / Partner

"Hey, slow down Ajax, slow down! The boat won't leave without us!"

It was summer, Ajax and Lumine were just starting their first summer holiday they could spend together, and they had agreed to make it memorable! Ajax took this as a challenge, and therefore, he was the one choosing their destination without Lumine being aware of it. She was scared, she had to admit it. Knowing Ajax, she could find herself fighting some Abyss Heralds in an unknown place just for "fun" according the Number-Eleventh-of-the-Fatui-Harbingers-Dictionary. She really hoped he had decided some more... normal vacations, and that seemed to be the case to her great relief based on the boat they had to take and the various dresses, hats, sunglasses and swimsuits she had to bring in her suitcase.

They both enjoyed the multiple hours of boat, watching the landscape and the blue of the ocean stretching as far as the eye could see. Some far away mountains were in sight, but the direction the boat was taking was the complete opposite. As Lumine wondered where they were heading, the boat finally slowed down, then docked on a tiny island which seemed... completely uninhabited.

Lumine stared mefiantly at Ajax, who only responded with a grin. Her impression that they'd be camping for the whole period of their holidays just infuriated Lumine. She wanted to do some normal activities with her handsome boyfriend, so why did he have to always find some occupations that were more weird and unusual than the others?

Sighing, she could only follow him as the boat departed to leave the two of them on that lost island in the middle of the ocean.

Absolutely nothing was on this island, just trees, beachs, a few caves, and some wild animals. At least, they wouldn't have to fight since no enemies were anywhere to be seen. Thus began their two-week journey on this island.

It looked like no human had ever set foot there, so everything was still to be discovered. Ajax insisted on going venturing around the camp they had set up the day before, and especially in this nearby cave which had caught Lumine's attention, as well as Ajax's, but not for the same reason...

Ajax had some stars shining in his eyes when he asked to go there. Lumine, on the other hand, was more reserved, trying to refuse, but she quickly gave up because of the joyful look Ajax was displaying. They then entered the cave, which was as dark as a night without any moon to lighten it up.

Lumine soon clenched on the man's arm, pulling her closer to him as they went deeper into the darkness. The Traveler would never admit it, like NEVER, but she really hated all kinds of caves. It was dark, it was humid, and it was impossible to know if there was any enemy or animal before ending up just in front of it. But she didn't have to admit anything since Ajax seemed to understand all that a bit too easily as he let out a loud laugh. She glared at him without him even noticing, then just followed him further away.

At some point, they found an unopened chest, containing a lot of treasures they collected. Some others were also hidden with some unknown mechanisms in some other spots further into the cave, which Ajax took great pleasure in resolving.

When finally the exit on the opposite side of the cave was in sight, Lumine rushed to reach for the sunlight, soothing her of all the darkness they were enveloped in earlier. Ajax immediatly followed her, then they both stopped at the sight.

It was breathtaking. They were both on the other side of the island, on the edge of a cliff leading meters under directly into the ocean. The sound of the waves against the rocks was harsh as the steep shape of the cliff showed.