▪︎{the curse of immortality}▪︎

Dainsleif had taken you to a shelter, just a small and dark cave not to far away from where you escaped

He told you about the abyss, just what their planning to do, and it made you think, what were they going to use you for?

He was very kind, but you couldnt trust him completely. He dressed similar to the abyss and for such a strong hatred, it could be faked.

And you remember close to nothing about yourself, just your name and that your immortal.

Nothing else could be saved, you couldnt remember any of it.

Some of the experiments stole some memories, others made you forget them over time. But for being in a cell for about 200 years you were bound to forget some.

Every test on you was traumatizing, them electrocuting you to make you able to resist it, increasing the voltage bit by bit.

At this point, your a human shield, able to resist almost all elements and elemental reactions.

You had scars lining your body from them, some new, some fresh.

You had lost perception of time, the abyss just told you how long you've been there.

And it made you wonder, is their anyone else being used by the abyss?

You also wondered what would happend when dainsleif died. Would you just have to live on your own, you know mortals are frail.

"Y/n." Dainsleifs smooth voice snaps through your thoughts, making you turn to him.

"Ah...yes?" You ask softly, your throat still hurting.

He hands you a cup of water along with a meal.

Your eyes light up at the sight, a fuzzy feeling erupting in your heart.

You carefully take the food and drink from his hands, gazing at the warm meal with gratefulness.

"Thank you...I havent aten real food in years." He doesnt respond, just leans his back against the wall of the cave as he begins to eat.

The sun had started to set, the sky a now an orange and pink color.

Your e/c eyes softly gazing at the sight like it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

Dainsleif took notice of this, his deep and mysterious blue eyes looking in your direction.

"Is there something out there, y/n?" He asked concerned, taking one more look at your figure.

Your once dull e/c eyes, now illuminated from the reflection of the sky, now gleaming with passion as your eyes wander about, taking in everything that you see.

"...no...its just the sun looks pretty..." he smiles softly before eating, truly feeling like he did the right thing.

You tear your vision away from the sky and onto your food, taking a sip of water before eating.