▪︎{the cold hard truth}▪︎

I just wanna stargaze with Dain sb

Swinging the claymore in your hands, you finished off an Abyss Lector

Swinging the claymore in your hands, you finished off an Abyss Lector. Dainsleif, who was behind you, had slain hoards of Abyss Mages.

You panted heavily, the chill of the air feeling like glass shards in your lungs.

How were you able to get here?

Dainsleif had brought you on a mission with him, and it involved breaking into a heavily guarded area of the Abyss.

He told you that it would be a dangerous and difficult task, but he was going to interrogate them and try to obtain more information on your origins.

You thanked him for his kindness and told him that he didn’t need to do that, saying that he could just continue on trying to destroy the Abyss. However, he refused and stated he was going to interrogate them either way.

So here the both of you were, panting and watching the bodies of the monsters fade into ash.

You walked up behind Dainsleif, watching him as he deactivated his special magic. 

You didn’t know much about Dainsleif, but he didn’t know much about himself either so it wasn’t a big deal.

He sighed as he turned to face you, wiping the blood off your cheek.

"Are you alright?" He asked kindly, making sure that you were ready to kill the rest of them.

"Of course. Don’t worry about me, I'll be fine." You told him, putting your claymore away so you could walk more easily.

"But... they tortured you. Are you sure you’re alright to face them again?" He asked once more, his hand now brushing the hair out of your face tenderly.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. It's not that bad."

He was hesitant at first, but eventually, he let you fight them again. He wanted to see how you would react to them now.

Before, you were terrified; even the smallest noise from an Abyss Mage made you jump and hold onto Dainsleif.

But that was a while ago, you've grown and now you hate them with every fibre of your being. You’re ready to kill them.

Although Dainsleif always told you to be careful and to back off if they seemed too powerful, you barely listened to that rule.

The both of you have been quite busy, hunting down the Abyss for over a year now, and you’d grown quite acquainted with one another.

There’s always been a fuzzy and tingly feeling in your chest every time you looked at him. You assumed that this was just how your body would react to seeing someone that you cared about so deeply, so you brought it up in a conversation with Aether.

Well, you learned more about yourself that day from that conversation.

He told you about how that’s what lovers feel, and your face went red, He laughed, and eventually was able to get it through to you that it's not a mere friendship, but something more.