Chapter Five

Both Malcolm and Mikaela walked into the crime scene, JT looking at them with a dejected look, “What is boy wonder doing here, and didn’t you just get surgery?”

Mikaela laughed, “Gil called him, and it was either leave me alone and I hurt myself trying to get here, or he brought me with him.”

Dani shook her head laughing, liking the girl and how she can control the profiler, “Nice to see you in a semi good condition Rodriguez.”

Mikaela nodded at the girl, sending her a small smile, “Thank you Detective Powell, but I’m only here for a little bit, then I get to leave you with Mal here whilst I go meet one of my clients.”

Gil walked towards them, “There's a quadruple homicide and all of you are over here talking?” He shook his head and walked back over towards the scene, all of them silently following him, well almost all of them.

Malcolms eyes widened and he leant down to whisper in Mikaela's ear, “Did he just say quadruple?”

She rolled her eyes and whispered back, “This is not a good thing Mal, at least act like you have some fucking compassion.”

He looked at her shocked, “How can I not be happy, this is a great way to distract myself from the nightmares.” He waltzed off towards the bodies, seeing a family of four at a dining table all dead.

She sighed and stood beside Gil, who glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, but decided not to say what he wanted, knowing it wasn’t the time or the place to lecture her on the fact she should be taking some time off - knowing that being left alone with nothing to do would cause more harm than good for the young girl.

Malcolm stood behind the head of the table, analysing all of the bodies, he turned to JT, “So what do we know about them?”

He sighed at the fact the annoying profiler was consulting on another one of his cases but gave in knowing he couldn't do anything about it - afterall it was Gils call. “The Boutsikaris'
were a shipping family. Aristos was the father; founded the company with his wife Cora back in Greece. The children, Jeffrey and Helen, grew up here and ran the family business.”

Dani took over explaining what they knew so far about the situation, “The neighbours didn’t hear anything and there's no sign of a forced entry. The staff left last night after cooking the meal and found them like this earlier.”

Malcolm nodded as he took in what was being said, looking around at the four victims, taking note of the fact Aristos had his mouth wired shut, “Why is he the only one with his mouth wired shut, what was the killer trying to say?”

Mikaela pushed herself forward and bent down to look at the body, “Or what was the killer trying to stop him saying?” She went to put a glove on to touch the body when a short girl ran at her, holding her arms out to stop Mikaela.

“Stop! You’re too close!” Mikaela jumped back and Malcolm had to brace her, knowing her sense of balance was off due to her injuries. “Sorry Dr Rodriguez, um, but you’re too close. Special Agent Bright, lovely to see you again.” The Asian woman smiled brightly at the man she found alluring, clearing her throat when she saw the girl in front of her send her a sheepish smile as an apology.

“Sorry Edrisa, was just curious if anything was in his mouth.” She scratched the back of her neck in embarrassment, knowing that she had slightly overstepped considering she was a psychiatrist - not a detective and especially not a medical examiner.

Edrisa shakes her head lightly, smiling at her to let her know that no harm was done. Malcolm cleared his throat to turn his attention to him, sensing the discomfort of his best friend, “I take it they were poisoned?”