7. Bright

Bright Vachirawit

Everything is a competition

Everything is a competition. I'm so sick of it. - Bright

Bright hurried to check on a pained Metawin on the field. "Sorry, sorry!" He apologized as he came nearer. He grabbed the other man's arm and assisted him up on his legs. "You okay?"

"Do I look okay?" Win snapped as he moved his arm away from Bright. "You did that on purpose." He dusted the dirt off his shirt and arms.

"I didn't!" Bright protested. "Let me just help you to the clinic."

"No, thanks." Win shut him down before he allowed his friends Ohm and Nanon to help him up. "You did that because Love was looking."

Bright rolled his eyes. "Of course not! What kind of person do you think I am?"

The referee blew his whistle to break up the scene that the two boys were causing on the field. Bright moved away from the group and dragged himself back to the other side of the field where his team were huddling.

"Sorry, I'm out." He stated to which his teammates groaned at. "I have to make sure Metawin is okay."

"Dude, he is fine. Nanon and Ohm are with him." First pointed out. They could see Win being sat down on a wheelchair by the two. "We're almost winning."

Bright just shook his head and grabbed his bag. "I won't be able to play properly anyway." He said before he left and walked towards the school clinic where he assumed Win was going to be taken to for assessment.

"Dude! Bright!" First was calling but it just seemed to fall on deaf ears. Bright just continued on his way, his mind replaying the weird way Win's ankle twisted. He was eighty percent sure Win got fractured and he felt a hundred percent guilty for being the one who pushed Win too hard.

When he arrived at the clinic, sure enough Win was there but Ohm and Nanon weren't with him anymore. Bright came in and watched the Doctor check his foot.

"We have to get you an X-Ray to be sure." The doctor said, "Is there a friend who can accompany you to the hospital? Maybe your class adviser? We need to call your parents as well to let them know about your injury."

"I'll accompany him, Doctor." Bright spoke up from the door frame. Win rolled his eyes. "We're friends."

Win wanted to laugh at that but his foot was in pain that he just wanted to get it over with so he could be relaxing at home.

"Is that okay with you?" The doctor asked Win, who nodded. "Alright, I'll call the medics to bring you to the school ambulance."

-

The x-ray went smoothly and when Win came out his foot was already in a cast. Bright stood up when he saw Win being wheeled back into the waiting room by a nurse. "Win," he called with a small smile.