二十二

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Yena's POV
I gulped in fear as I watched Jungwon stand there, without a hint of any emotion on his face. I shuffled slightly behind Jungwon to hide myself from the king and queen. We had just gotten back from our little excursion. But things didn't quite go our way. You see, we might have stayed out for dinner, because Jungwon didn't feel like going home, and he also wanted to eat kalguksu instead of whatever food was served.

"Do you know how risky that was!?" I nearly jumped in shock when the king shouted.

"Going out without your mask? Why would you do that!? All for some hoodies and food?!" The king continued, then stopped. I heard him take a deep breath. Then it was the queen's turn to say something.

"Jungwon, this is very irresponsible of you. Don't you know the dangers out there? You could have been attacked. And this time, you weren't alone. What if something happened to Yena?" I felt him tense up. Then he reached his hand behind. I gently took it, giving it a light squeeze.

"You could have been exposed! What if some of the media were tailing you?! What if they caught you?! You would be exposed to everyone! Including those bad people out there! Like those who tried to kidnap you when you were younger!" The king continued shouting. Jungwon just stood there, taking all of it.

"Why did you do that?! Are you stupid?! What was going through your head when you decided to take off that mask and expose yourself to the public!? Tell me Yang Jungwon!!" Jungwon flinched slightly, and he gripped onto my hand tightly. Why aren't you saying anything? I turned to the king and queen and opened my mouth to say something.

"Your-" But I was cut off by Jungwon pulling on my hand and turning his head back to me. He shook his head slightly. Is he really just gonna stand there and take it? Yah you did nothing wrong, Jungwon-ah!

"Why did you do that?! Are you not gonna tell me?!" The king continued shouting.

"Dear, I think that's enough. It's late. Jungwon, go back to your room now. But you have to tell us why you did this in the morning." The queen spoke.

"Yes mother. Yes father." He bowed before turning towards the door and pulling my along. He had his head down all the way.

The walk from the meeting room¿ to my room felt dreadful. I could feel Jungwon's sadness radiating off him all the way through. He had his head down the whole way.

"Get some rest. I'm sorry you had to listen to that." He murmured.

"Wait Jungwon-"

"Wash up and get some rest." He said without looking up, before walking away hastily. My shoulders slumped. What do I do?

Entering my room, I plopped down onto the bed, sighing. I can't believe Jungwon would just take that. It wasn't even his fault. If I never suggested we go have a date, this would have never happened. He wouldn't have been scolded by his parents.

But I don't get it. Why doesn't he stand up to his parents? He said they love him, but this isn't love. This is just their overprotectiveness to protect the bloodline.

I have to do something. I can't stand seeing him this sad.

And I grabbed a hoodie from my wadrobe (it's cold) and headed to his room.

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Knock knock.

"Who is it?" I heard his soft voice.

"It's me. Can I come in?"

"Yeah." And I gently turned the door handle and stepped in.

His room was obviously was bigger than mine. It looked like his own safe haven. There was a mini library even. Or, I'll just call it that since there's so many shelves of books there. There was a desk by the mini library, probably for him to study there. Then there was a whole ass walk-in closet which seemed like it was endless, a bathroom, and what seemed to be like a gaming corner, with all the computers and headsets. And of course, a king-sized bed in the middle with thin curtains overhanging.