二十三

⋆。・:*✦*°     °*✦*:・。⋆

Yena's POV
Knock knock.

"Come in." And I turned the door handle to the queen's office, stepping in.

"Yena. What brings you here?" The queen asked, putting her book aside. This looks more like her personal library than office.

"I'm here to talk about Jungwon."

"Have a seat." And I slowly sat in front of her, with her desk separating us.

"Where's Jungwon now?"

"Sleeping."

"He should be awake by now."

"Yeah. But sleeping is a coping mechanism for sadness."

"Did he cry?"

"Do you care?"

"I'm his mother. Of course I care." I mentally rolled my eyes.

Yes, here I am, possibly about to offend one of the two people who can instantly ruin my life, throw me in jail and make me and my family miserable. But why?

Because last night, in the middle of the night, I woke up and heard Jungwon sobbing. He wasn't fine. He was just acting like he was fine for me.

"He cried a lot."

"Did you ask him why?"

"I think it was a better choice to just hug him first."

"Of course. So, what did you want to ask about Jungwon?" I sighed, then spoke.

"How was his childhood like?"

"Well, he had to grow up fast. You know, he was a very mature kid. From the age of 5 he was taught how to uphold himself and good manners. From when he could talk he was taught how to speak politely but with authority. From when he could walk, he was taught how to fight off those who tried attacking him. And from when he could read, he was taught all the basics about what he needed to know and do as Crown Prince and the future king." She explained, sounding proud.

"Wow. What a..... interesting childhood?" Miserable should be the word, but I shouldn't offend her so soon, right?

"What about you, Yena-ssi?"

"Hrm... I can't remember much, but it was filled with laughter, ice skating and my siblings."

"You must have had fun."

"Yeah, I certainly did."

"What else did you come here for?" I looked up to observe her facial expressions. She definitely knew I was up to something.

"How much do you care about Jungwon?"

"That's immeasurable. A mother's love for her child is unconditional."

"True. I saw you crying when he was poisoned...." Or you just didn't want the bloodline to die out.

"Yena-ssi, just cut to the chase. We both know you aren't saying what's on your mind."

"Fine. What do you see Jungwon as?"

"What do you mean? He's my son."

"Or is he the Crowned Prince of Korea?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean when you see him, what thought of him crosses your mind immediately? Is it 'this is my precious son' or is it 'this is my son, the Crown Prince of Korea'?"