Thursday

I sat in the room I'd been staying in with the covers over my head. My eyes were red and puffy. My nose was runny. I was a mess.

A soft knock sounded against the door. I let out a slight sigh and wiped my eyes before I sat up.

The door creaked open only slightly. "May I come in?" Professor Snape asked, his fingers curled along the other side of the door knob.

"Yeah." I said quietly and laid back against the bed.

He pushed the door open and shut it softly behind him before he approached the bed. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

I shook my head and curled my knees to my chest. He frowned and took a seat at the end of the bed. "I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

"I can't-" my voice caught in my throat and he turned his head to look at me as tears streamed down my face.

I felt his hand land on my back and he patted it against me awkwardly.

It wasn't really comforting, but it was sweet that he was trying.

"Did someone hurt you?" He asked.

I shook my head. He let out a soft sigh and laid down beside me, putting a bit of distance between us. 

We sat there, stiff as two boards as I cried and he tried to professionally comfort me.

"Did someone you know pass?"

"Lee Jordan kissed me." I stated, my voice breaking as tears brimmed again.

Professor Snape ruffled his brows together, ignoring the way his jaw locked. "And did you want him to? Was it a consensual act of affection?"

"....I.... I don't know." I responded, closing my eyes tightly.

He stayed silent for a solid minute. "Is he confusing you?" I nodded and he sighed. "I understand. Is there someone else that you want that is making you torn between returning his affections and staying loyal to whomever the other person is?"

"How did you k-"

"Lucky guess." He said, offering a light smile from the corners of his lips as he turned his head to face me.

I remained facing away from him and I heard him let out a slight shuffle of his hands as they landed in his lap. His head looked up ahead of him whilst he stared at the ceiling silently.

"I'm sorry for making everything so stressful, professor." I stated, swallowing to make my dry throat moist.

Professor Snape exhaled softly and slightly moved his head. "You are hardly the reason I'm stressed, darling."

I stopped talking and he did the same. I shifted slightly and looked up as well.

"I know its easier to run.... however, I think that you should tell these people whom are making you so torn about your feelings. Especially if you have a definite return in feelings from one..."

I closed my eyes, trying to hold back my tears. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Hey hey hey. Don't cry. Please don't cry." Severus said as he looked over at me and frantically changed his positioning.

I felt his arms wrap around me as he placed a hand gently on the back of my head. "I swear I'm not trying to cause you pain... I won't hurt you anymore, I promise." I muttered against his chest as I let the water pour from my eyes against his cloak.

"Shh. Everything is alright, darling." He responded, stroking my hair lightly.

God, he doesn't know that I'm in love with him, does he? I thought as he held me close to his chest, inhaling his comforting scent.