🍋🤨📸🍋

"I'm sorry-"

"Shut up."

I clamped my mouth shut as soon as he told me to.

He sat in the corner of the room, one leg resting over the other as he pinched a cigarette in his fingers.

He stared at me with frustration; I couldn't help but look away.

"Do you know what death eaters do to little girls who can't keep their mind out of other people's business?"

I stayed silent.

"No? Usually," he brought the cigarette to his lips. "We wipe their memories. Or, we use unforgivable curses against them." He inhaled, catching my eye for a moment before I looked away.

"I said use defensive spells. Not ones that return your opponents attack. Rather rude of you to do, if I say so myself."

"I didn't have malice behind my intent-"

"Silence!" He cut me off, shouting to shut me up. "I don't want to hear it. There's only so much one can take in at a time."

He blew out the smoke, tugging the box holding the cigarettes into his pocket.

"Are you mad?" I asked.

He arched a brow. "Maybe. Perhaps it's delayed shock. Who knows?" His free hand tugged up his sleeve, drawing his fingers over his dark mark. "I don't think so."

I kept my gaze to the floor, maintaining eye contact with the floor whilst he stood up and walked toward the window.

"Dumbledore wants you to pledge your allegiance to Voldemort." Severus stated, tugging the curtains away to shed some light into the room. "He wants you to get the dark mark."

I glanced over at him. His gaze focused on the streets below us. "What do you think I should do?"

He turned his head to face me, contemplation upon his face. "Well... It's not my decision to make. I'd advise against it, but Dumbledore does what he wants, and, knowing you, you'll probably go against my word and do exactly what I suggest you don't do."

I looked down again. "Right."

I noticed his gaze shift outside again. He brought the cigarette to his lips once more.

Silence overtook the room; it left a slight ringing noise in my ear. All that could be heard was the inhale and exhale of Severus's chest as he partook in smoking his cigarette.

"Rather curious turn off events isn't it?" I asked at last.

He closed the curtains, taking slow steps back to where he began. "What on earth are you going on about?"

"Well." I sat up slightly, keeping my gaze on my feet. "We both came here hating one another and I've somehow managed to piss you off even more."

He let out a sarcastic laugh. "Oh my gosh, y/n. You're hilarious." The amount of mockery in his voice was uncanny as he kept a serious expression upon his face.

"I'm not joking."

"Well no shit. If you were to make an actually amusing joke, the word itself would stop spinning."

I let out a sigh, twiddling my thumbs.

He turned his gaze into me, staring into the back of my neck.

"Who was-"

"Look at me when you speak to me." He ordered.

I sighed and turned my gaze unto him. "Who was that girl? The one that you rejected."