Part 4: secrets out

( time is back in the present) " Pikachu- " Ash said..."I want to know something...."
"Pika?" Pikachu replied, sweating and terrified of the question.
"Why do you never speak to me?"
Pikachu was stunned, Ash knew that he could speak? He stood there wondering how he should respond.
"Pika?"
" OH DONT PIKA ME! " Ash yelled. "I KNOW U CAN TALK, IVE KNOWN IT SINCE THE VERY BEGINNING. "
Ash looked down at the ground, and Pikachu couldn't help but notice a single tear come down from his eye.
" you know.....I thought that maybe you did like me. Maybe we could be the strongest Pokémon and trainer, but as time goes on I can't help but wonder.."
Ash looked up at Pikachu, starring right into his eyes.
" Pikachu, do you hate me?"
" Ash I- "
Ash was stunned he knew he could speak, but he finally got to hear his voice. It was deeper than expected, but it also had a sense of excitement yet being calm to it.
" Ash, I'm sorry- " Pikachu said.
" I mean, I don't hate you. In fact it's quite the opposite, you're one of my favorite people in the world. I guess I'm just scared of getting close because of my past-"
"no Pikachu....." Ash interrupted.
" You think you can fix this just by talking about your past. I don't give a shit about what happened to you in the past. Do I feel bad about it sure, but you having a troubled past does not change the problems that YOU HAVE CREATED IN THE PRESENT! "
Tears rolled down Ash's face, running quickly one after another.
" Pikachu....we're done. I'll find a new Pokémon partner. I don't need someone who can't even say a word to me."

TO BE CONTINUED IN PART 5