1.

︵‿︵‿୨ ♡ ୧‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿୨ ♡ ୧‿︵‿︵

Sat. Sat peacefully in the Garrisons pub, swirling my whiskey around and around its glass. Thinking about what i were to be having for dinner, i never normally do because i'm either too tried from work to eat or i'm too busy from work. I suppose today was a day Arthur decided to be nice and practically told me to 'buggar off' and that is what i did, coming straight to this pub and have a drink.

I never normally have time to think about simple things like this and nor do i ever want to because i sometimes seems childish, like when you would come home from school and wonder what would be on the table for your supper.

I'm a regular at the Garrisons, no one asks questions - why a woman is in a pub- because they know my relations to a certain gang of men. I do get those funny looks off higher up men and those awful looks from those drunken men that should really go home to their wives.

Taking another swig of my drink and swallowing it, i sighed out gently, feeling my body now begin to relax after four- no.. Five? Six?- fuck knows, but all i know is that i'm down with the bottle and that i'm having Shepards pie for my dinner.

The sound of the doors to the Garrisons opening and the heads of a few mens heads turning towards the door, a small hush also grazing over the pub.

"On the house, Mr. Shelby." Harry spoke as he popped the top off presumably a whiskey bottle, i hadn't really looked up at Thomas and i don't think he noticed me.

I dressed like a middle aged man today; grey suit jacket and trousers with a flat cap, comfortable but when i lift my head up i got a very confused look from a floppy haired man across the room from me.

Then that exact same man walked up from his seat and to the bar, right next to Tommy. The man seeming.. pissed? jealous? smug?

As i was watching them, i noticed Tommy didn't really look at the man but only just smoked his cigarette and dazed off into nothing, like he always does.

I overheard the strange man say "Cheers, Thomas, good health to you." and that's when i looked properly at the man, i recognised him but i don't think i really cared enough to remember his name, perhaps he may have been a friend of Tommys from school or maybe even in the war? Nevertheless, i don't think Tommy really liked him.

Growing up with Tommy, i realised he was a very smart boy and he was always the tops of his classes, him always walking home with friends and talking about his days at school with me as i never wanted to go to school after what happened with my mother and yet, i found it so interesting. Then, the war happened. Just like Pol warned us on the way to greet them at the train station 'They won't be the same boys you used to play on the streets with' and that broke my heart. Four years of not seeing them and nearly nineteen years old.. I definitely wasn't the only one who changed.

Watching the two men talk gave off this very heavy tension that even waved over to me but that may have just been the whiskey.

After that, i just lost focus on them and stared down into my glass again like i have been for the last hour. Listening to light conversations between men in the corner and then tapping my finger on the side of my glass to tell Harry to get me another bottle of whiskey, in the politest way of course; still a lady.

Whilst thinking about my lovely mashed potatoe dinner, i was interrupted by a crashing man coming through the door and then i grunted quietly. Danny.

I stood up as i cleared my throat, brushing down my slacks and walked over to the boys who had now got Danny down onto the floor, holding my hands behind my back and staring down at them as Tommy repeated to Danny he was safe and not in France anymore.

"Come on, up," I spoke, my voice being somewhat hazy as the affects of the whiskey were starting to show but not in my body language, i hope, "Hello, big guy.."

Grinning gently at Danny, moving past Tommy and internally smirking as he must've seemed a little shocked to now see me in the pub that he hadn't even noticed me in.

"You're alright," Tommy repeated, gripping Danny's shoulder as the three men panted.

"Ah, hell!" Danny gasped in worry, "Did i do it again?" the poor lad was in pain, the shaking of his voice and his sweaty face; clear pain.

"You did." Tommy hummed, out of breath himself.

I turned to Tommy, patting his chest gently before putting money on the bar for Harry and walking out of the pub slowly, making sure i didn't trip on the way because i must've at-least had ten glasses of whiskey at that point.

Sounds of machinery filled my ears, groaning slightly and taking the cap off my head, rubbing my temples and picked up the pace off my feet to the long row of houses that i think go on for miles throughout Birmingham.

As i walked down an alleyway, i saw John stumble and halt suddenly, so then i cautiously walked behind him.

"Look at the gun." a obvious mad woman spoke.

"You recognise it?" I knew that voice.. but where from?

All of a sudden, John wasn't standing but then was thrown to the floor by his ear. A smirk rolling onto my lips as i knew why i recognised the voice, it being the boys Auntie and my- well friend?

"Get up off your ass, you umping pig." She spat, the words rolling off her tongue like smooth chocolate on a silver spoon.

John screamed at her, then i just walked out of the alley way as they continued arguing and leaned up against a house wall, staring at them both until they finished and i was most definitely enjoying the show.

"Look, Aunt Pol. I'm sorry." Poor, frightened John stuttered out as she held the gun, that she previously pointed at Johns head, in her right hand

"We'll keep this between ourselves, if you swear not to leave guns lying around" She offered, very annoyed by Johns actions, like anyone would.

"Very irresponsible of you, Johnny boy.." I tutted as i lit a cigarette, taking a drag from it and walking towards the Aunt and Nephew.

"Cora, the fuck did you come from?" John muttered out, now pissed by the fact i had heard what he did and i just sighed.

"Rude." I mumbled before continuing, "I had a lovely drink.. or two at the Garrisons and i think your dear brother- and nephew-" i spoke and turned to Polly who was already staring at me whilst John was looking everywhere but me "-is in a bit of trouble with a lad maybe from school or one of his comrades?"

After saying this, Polly just huffed and have John a warning, giving him his gun back before grabbing my hand and saying "Come on, we're going to be late." causing me to just groan and mumble like a told off child all the way to the family meeting.