5.

︵‿︵‿୨ ♡ ୧‿︵‿︵

The sound of birds chirping filled my ears, cool breeze rolling around the four walled box and orange hues rising over the front wall.

Pounding was all around my brain and i felt blood pumping through my ears like the consequences of my actions of my previous day beating me up.

Kicking out my legs after i stretched, pushing myself to be upright in bed.

"Fucking birds." I spat, looking at my bedside table for my cigarette case but it was no where in sight.

Pulling my duvet off my body, hissing as the cold hit my bare legs and then tip toeing over the hard wood floor as if it were a frozen over pond. Taking my dressing gown from the chair of my vanity and walking out of my room, attempting not to let the floor boards creek as it is early in the morning.

"Shut the fuck up!" I whisper-shouted to the last stair that let out a long and loud creek as i stepped off it.

"Talking to yourself?" A voice came from infront of me making me almost piss myself and i grabbed the stair railing.

"No, the birds." I mumbled, looking at Polly.

She was as elegant as ever, her hair natural perfectly combed and kept, her bare legs crossed underneath the sheer white nightgown and her face.. her face... it glowing like an angel from heaven.

The morning sun caressed the whole room with its elegance. It was as gorgeous as ever. But not today. I was tired and had a fat-fuck off migraine.

"How long have you been up?" I asked her, crossing my arms over my chest, now realising i was pretty much half naked other than the loose button up shirt i had under my dressing gown.

"Mmmm.. About thirty minutes? Maybe an hour, you?" She spoke, sipping her tea as she flicked through the morning paper and looked up at me quickly, i could've sworn her eyes looked at my cleavage for a split second.

"A minute ago- about that, I need to borrow your gun." I spoke confidently after caressing the side of my head and i walked into the kitchen so i could make some toast.

Polly following behind me quite quickly, "Why pray tell?" She asked, placing her newspaper on the kitchen table.

"Because i wanted to go bird shooting-"

"Awh... poor little Coraline couldn't get her beauty sleep because of the birdys.." She spoke to me like a baby.

"No, i couldn't," I mumbled, frowning, "I don't like that everyone thinks so highly of them, oh i do love being woken by a mother bird feeding it's slimy child." I mumbled, snorting a little.

Polly rolled her eyes and watched me as i took a teacup from the rack and poured the tea from the already boiled kettle that was sat on the stove into the small cup.

"Cora.." She spoke, sounding like she wanted something, or as if she was about to follow up with a question.

"Polly..." I said in the same tone, looking at her whilst talking a seat across from her.

"You know- remember when we... kissed?" She said, very gently which made me smile.

"Indeed i do." I hummed, lifting the teacup up to my lips and slowly sipping it, looking at her in a way that told her to carry on.

"How did you feel when i kissed you?"

Fucking great.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Just fine?" Polly furrowed her brows, placing her cup down and leaning on the palm of her hand with her other arm flat on the table.

"No."

Polly stared at me, not knowing how to carry on the conversation. She knew i was quite conservative about my emotions and it was hard to read me, but i also watched her as i could practically hear the cogs turning in her head.

She suddenly stood, slowly but i didn't really expect you to stand. She moved around the table and stood behind me, her hands travelling to my shoulders and massaged them gently causing me to sigh out.

"I think we should do a.. self care day today.."