3.

︵‿︵‿୨ ♡ ୧‿︵‿︵

"Oh." That's all she said.

Is that really it?

This is what i wanted to say to her but i couldn't because i would have the exact same reaction if i was in the same situation as her; taking in a family friend because her mother died and father was a drunk, practically raising her since she was eight years old and then have her confess her attraction to you.

"Oh?" I questioned, looking into her eyes as she held her hands tightly in her lap and now looking into the fire.

"Well..." Polly sighed and slowly turned back to me, "It's not a shock but more really sudden you chose to do it right now."

"Huh?" I frowned in confusion.

"You've always been a respectful child, to me at-least," she started and put her full attention on me, "As you got older, maybe after you turned twenty, i realised you were starting to be.. what's the word.. flirty?"

"I was not being flirty-"

"You were." Polly interptuped me, placing her hand on my knee to stop me from arguing, "I have to admit... I have been enjoying it."

My face softened slowly, staring down at her hand on my knee. Running my eyes over the veins that popped out slightly and spotting small but light freckles over them too, wrinkles accompanying them.

"God.. If we went through with it, what would the family think?" I questioned with a slight scoff, pushing myself up from the sofa and crossing my arms in-front of myself in a sort of more authoritative way than defensive, looking down into the calm flames of the fire.

"We can wait for a little while.." She suggested, her hand now not being on my knee and straightened out her white shirt after standing up.

"Hold on," I spoke, turning around and looking at her whilst dropping my hands to my sides slowly, "We haven't even said anything about dating.. I just- Isn't it illegal?" My mind is definitely racing, all the alcohol i consumed a couple of hours ago causing me to become more emotional than normal.

"Honey, isn't everything this family do illegal?" Polly questioned, a very apparent smirk on her lips as she stood up.

"That is true," I sighed, turning my back to her and running my hands through my hair, "Polly, i just don't want anyone to hurt you.." I huffed and turned back to her.

Then she kissed me.

Her lips were warm and soft, very inviting too. I felt like i sort of melted, my shoulders drooping as she kissed me and her hands held the sides of my face so i didn't magically slip, as if i wanted to anyway.

"Pol-"

"Shut up." She grunted, one of her hands grabbing mine and putting it to her waist, my other hand moving to the other side of her waist, pulling her closer.

I wanted to shut up but i really couldn't. I needed to tell her that i want to be her girlfriend and how amazing she is, yet it would be really hard to tell the family.

"Polly, please." I grunted, pulling away from her and pressing my hand to my lips as so she wouldn't kiss me again.

"Did you not want me to kiss you-"

"Hey, Pol- no no.." I sighed, walking up to her and holding her face in my hands, "I just don't want to get carried away, i want to take time with it... experience what all normal couples do." I chuckled, rubbing my thumbs over her cheeks.

"Normal, hm?" She laughed, looking into my eyes as i laughed and i smiled with a nod.

"So so so.. normal, as normal as this family." I stated with a very serious tone before giggling again, then being interrupted with Ada walking in causing us both to break apart.

"Hello, Aunt Pol... Hello, Cora..." Ada muttered with a suspicious look on her face before placing herself down on the couch beside us.

"Well- I'll see you at home, Polly." I huffed, buttoning up my coat before Polly grabbed my wrist.

"I'll walk back with you, i want to start dinner earlier."