Two

Previously on Boyfriend:

Styles opened his mouth as though he was about to say something. Oh, no. He was going to correct me. He was going to tell Greg that I had lied. He was going to say that he wasn't my boyfriend. I couldn't let him do that. For the love of God, I could not let him do that. I had to stop him. He couldn't tell Greg the truth. So, I did the only conceivable thing I could think of to make him stop. I kissed him.

• • •

CHAPTER TWO

"I make it a policy to try never to make a complete idiot of myself twice in the same way. After all, there's always all kinds of new ways to make a complete idiot of myself. Why repeat the old ones?" - Margot Dalton

• • •

On the cheek.

Lord, I might have just uttered the most idiotic words I had ever spoken in my lifetime, but hell had not frozen over. The earth was still spinning on its axis, and, as far as I knew, pigs had not started to fly.

I leaned forward, wrapped my fingers around his mouth to silence him, and brushed my lips quickly against his cheek. Before moving back, I moved my lips closer to his ear. "Just play along," I hissed into his ear.

Then I rocked backwards onto my heels and turned to Greg smugly. He was staring at me like I had suddenly grown six heads. I grinned back at him cheekily. "Is there a problem, Gregory?" I asked as my lips curled even more while I used his hated full name that I had been forbidden to use after he started school.

He continued to gape at me. Dear Lord, this was fun.

"You're dating my brother? You are gay?" Greg finally managed to croak out. He looked like he was waiting for someone to yell "Gotcha!" and end this practical joke. When no one did, he stared him down beadily.

My eyes found Harry, and I sent him a warning look. He gulped and shifted his weight cautiously. Damn it, Styles. How many times had you asked me for a snog? Just spit out the damn answer!

"Umm, yeah," Styles answered hesitantly as he looked at me with those confused green eyes of his.

"See, Greg," I interrupted quickly before the prat swallowed his tongue or peed his pants. "He's my boyfriend. He is gay. And we like being gay together. I'm sure you approve. I seem to recall you saying something about him being - what was it you said?" I pretended to try to remember as I kept myself from laughing when his eyes widened in horror. "Oh, yes, cool."

"Yeah, well," he muttered under his breath.

"Mmm, I thought so too. Greg, meet my boyfriend, Harry Styles."

He looked like he had swallowed his tongue whole now. Harry shifted his weight and then stuck out his hand for Greg to shake.

"Umm, nice to meet you," Styles greeted Greg awkwardly.

My brother took his hand in a daze.

He was still with this unbelievable face and If I wasn't freaking out, I would have laughed hysterically. I mean, honestly! I was standing in the doorway of my house with my brother who was having an aneurysm because I told him that Styles was my boyfriend. Styles! The guy that I couldn't stand in the same place without wanting to kill someone! Maybe there really was a hidden camera here somewhere.

"We'll be in my room, Greg. You'll want to knock before you come in if you need to see anything from my window. It's been awhile since we've seen each other."

I grabbed Styles' elbow and brushed past Greg. I yanked him up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door quickly and then spun around on my heels to face Styles.