Four

CHAPTER FOUR

"The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going." - George Carlin

• • •

Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry.

I kept repeating the name over and over in my head. No matter how many times I said it, I could not stop myself from wanting to use Styles instead. It was pure instinct backed with years of experience. Besides, boys who gave you a dead, blue fish on Valentine's Day when you were eleven because he thought it matched your eyes should always be known by their surname.

However, typical boyfriends did not follow my ideology. They called their partners by their first name. They did not want to grimace in pain at the thought of spending time with their guy, especially when that included touching. Hell, most boyfriends even liked their boyfriend.

Maybe I just wasn't boyfriend material. I had to admit, I didn't exactly have a vault of experience. I had kissed only two girls in my life and one was a dare and the other I had like... Five years old? Before I realised that I'm gay. And the only guy I kissed was Louis when we were eleven and he wanted to know how it felt. And now Styles had kissed me two days ago. Anyway, you got the point.

Then, of course, I studied hard enough to win a scholarship in one of the best schools of the UK and the world. I became a nerd, lost my relationship with my brother indefinitely, and changed my address. And as you can probably say, I only concentrated on my studies. I was hell-bent on proving to Greg that I was a good student.

And the only time a guy caught my eye, Aaron Shepherd, he was a senior when I was 15 years old. Aaron was all smiles and styled hair, making me blush every time he smiled and talked to me, asking me for some favours like helping him do a homework. I was stupid enough to do it all by myself while he slept next to me in the library. And when he and his friends laughed at me in front of the whole school when I tried to talk to him at lunch one day, I was heartbroken. About a week after this incident, someone stole all his clothes after gym class, he had to run all the way to the dormitories naked, and got a week of detention. And the next day, he was saw with lots of bruises. He always flinched when he saw Malik, Payne and Styles and changed directions if he got in a five foot radius from Styles.

Harry. It shouldn't be so hard to remember. After all, we had already kissed and saw each other half naked.

No! I shouldn't think about that. Those were bad, very awful, wrong, gross  thoughts. Bad, Niall. Stop thinking about Styles!

Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry. Harry.

And that was the beginning of day two.

I was still repeating my mantra as I slipped into sommaants and a t-shirt after my shower. I made sure I was fully presentable before walking down the stairs to the kitchen. I did not want another repeat of yesterday's fiasco.

"Good morning, Ni," Ma greeted me cheerfully.

I looked around the kitchen. No Styles. Crap, no Harry. Ugh! Who cared about names? At least he wasn't here!

"Hi, Ma!" I greeted her enthusiastically.

"Oh, he's up finally," I heard an all too familiar voice call.

I grimaced slightly as I turned around to see my fake boyfriend in his white t-shirt and cotton drawstring pajama pants that hung too low on his hips for me to not have lusty, wrong thoughts about his v lines. He brandished a bottle of orange juice like a trophy.

"I found some more juice in the garage, Mrs. Horan," he told me Ma sweetly. "Wouldn't want Niall to miss out on nutrients," he added as he walked closer to greet me. He wrapped his arms around me before I could protest and then embraced me in a short hug. As he pulled back, his mouth lingered a tad too long on the base of my neck. He smiled at me and kissed me quickly on the lips.