Shared Team

Zak boiled with rage, clenching his hands into fists. He didn't notice at first that Ria was running after him. "Zak! Wait!" He didn't turn around. "Zak, no, please, wait!" He stopped but didn't turn around. 

Z: "If you want to try to change my mind so I can go back with you, then you can forget about it right away." 

R: "Zak, I know it's all a bit too much, but it's in such moments like these where we have to stick together." 

Z: "I can't trust anyone anymore anyway, he has led us all this time by the neck! No, thank you, I'll pass..." 

R: "I'm so glad we found each other, but even if you don't want to hear this right now, this world is our home." 

Z: "Yours? Maybe. But mine? Certainly not. I was born in this place, but I didn't grow up here like you did." 

R: "And yet it is your duty to defend this place." 

Z: "This whole 'Chosen One' thing is just a myth. I don't want to bear that responsibility." 

R: "I'm here for you... Be reasonable..." 

Z: "I need space from all of you..." 

R: "Zak, I've almost lost you before, that shouldn't have to happen again. I ask you as your big sister." 

Z: "I'm sorry, but from here and now, we go our separate ways..." 

With these words, Zak left his sister standing, who sadly looked after him as he stormed down the stairs. 

Zak's Point of View

I wish all this was just a bad dream. If only I had left that stupid Eye where it belonged, then all this would never have happened... I wanted to sink into the ground. I buried my head in my arms, as despair and fear flowed through my body. I just couldn't anymore, I didn't know what to believe, let alone who to trust...

Skullivar's Point of View

It was about time. He was alone, mentally at the end - the perfect time to strike. I spread my arms and tried to get into his head again. 

Did everyone leave you hanging? Exploited? 

'Get out of my head!' 

I can help you if you'll just let me...

'I'm not listening to you! You can't get me to work with you!' 

Zak's Point of View

Desperately, I tried to drive Skullivar out of my head. I staggered, lost more and more balance, and held onto the railing. I ran to the portal and left Vajestrella. 

Join me and I will spare your friends. 

'You won't control me!' 

You underestimate my power.

I could not push against him - Skullivar penetrated further and further into my subconscious. I tried to reach the Chaos. Skullivar's power pulsed through my veins and I didn't have the power to fight back. I breathed heavily, and thick beads of sweat ran down my forehead. Suddenly, I heard a ship coming. I recognised the Demoniac, and when the skeletons disembarked, I tried to fire a beam of fire, but it exhausted the rest of my energy and I collapsed. I only saw Bones in front of me and heard him laughing mischievously, before everything finally turned black in front of my eyes.