Disastrous Dispute

The crew stood there and didn't know what to say. After what felt like an eternity of silence, Cece interrupted it. "Thank you, Luna." She nodded when Ria ran onto the balcony in a rage. Luna looked sadly after her and Cece followed her. 

Ria's Point of View

I could burst with anger. I pushed open the door to the balcony and just wanted to scream. I clutched the railing and I gradually drove down again until Cece stood next to me. Well, great, she's the last person I wanted to see right now... 

C: "What the hell is wrong with you?" 

R: "How many more times? Now you have confirmation of what kind of character our mother had..." 

C: "Yes, okay, the evidence is bulletproof, but still, I don't believe that. You're overreacting." 

R: "Are you serious?!! Put yourself in my position. Then you would understand me!" 

I stared darkly at Cece. I really had to control myself not to yell at them, but I was about to. She also looked at me angrily. Luna and the rest stood in the door and listened. 

R: "I just wanted to live a normal life. That's all I ask for..." 

C: "Now, nothing is normal and everyone makes mistakes. Then it is important to forgive them." 

R: "For the fact that she treated my father like this and deceived him? You can't ask that of me!" 

C: "I can do that and I'm doing that right now!" 

R: "I thought you were standing by my side and not on my back. I was of the opinion that we should destroy Skullivar together..." 

C: "I understand you, yes-" 

R: "That's exactly what you're not doing!" 

Luna intervened and tried to separate the two of us. "Ria, you need all the help you can get to defeat Skullivar. Your duties-" I pushed her arm away. "What duties?" "Zak's. You are the closest relative and therefore you bear the responsibility of the Chosen One." I stared at her, stunned. "No, I can't." 

L: "Chronos foresaw it this way, you have to follow in your brother's footsteps." 

R: "I can't..." 

C: "Why not? You owe it to Zak!" 

R: "It's too much..." 

C: "Zak is dead and you don't want to take his responsibility? You made him a promise!" 

R: "No, Cece!" 

I turned away but Cece didn't let go. 

C: "What's your problem?" 

R: "I can't tell you..." 

I tried to ignore them and wanted to leave. 

C: "What are you so afraid of?!" 

R(angrily turning around): "I'm afraid of further losses! I don't want to lose you too!" 

C: "But if you don't accept this task, we will all die." 

There was silence. I had made a decision. 

R: "I was hoping you would stick by me but apparently you changed your mind. I can't fight with someone who doesn't understand me." 

C: "What are you up to?" 

I looked at Cece again. Then I held the railing of the balcony. "If you don't want to help me, I have to defeat Skullivar alone." With these words, I swung over the railing and jumped off the balcony.