Chapter 2

×If there's any mistakes please point them out!×

I groaned as I woke up from a blank dream yet again. I got up and stretched, already feeling like something bad is gonna happen. I got ready for the day to which in all honesty, was still a bit sleepy but I ignored it.

I put my hair ×in any style you like× and ran out the house with my bookbag and rolling suitcase which had my snacks, clothes, and drawing supplies. I planned on buying more clothes later.

I locked the door and walked towards Katie's house and as if on cue Katie came outside and stopped once I was beside her. "Wait why do you, uh, why do you need all that?" Katie questioned and I looked at them in confusion. "What's happening?" I asked them.

"I messed things up last night, but I'm gonna make it up to you both." Her father explained as me and Katie stood there in confusion.

"I canceled both of your plane tickets to college!" Rick said happily. "You what!" "Wait what?!" Me and Katie yelled at the same time.

"Don't freak out, I know you're both excited. We are gonna drive you guys to school on a cross-country road trip as a family!" Her dad said and I just sweat dropped at this. 'Oh god...' I thought with a shocked expression.

"Why not pull up to school in this old iron Eagle here? It's got character, class, and some green ooze we can learn about together and it comes with three coupons for a father, daughter, and friend stick shift lesson! Right, YEAH!" Her dad said laughing.

"Uh, mom?" Katie questioned, glancing at her mom. "Well your father kinda went rogue on this one a little bit, but we love his initiative, right?" She said with a nervous smile.

"Aaron, you too?" I questioned. "Well, I thought it could be cool to hang out one last time. I-I-I don't know." Aaron mumbled shyly.

"Well..." Katie said but she groaned. "We called the school so you can miss orientation week. No problem." He said.

"But it...it is a problem! I got all these friends to meet! There's this really cool girl, Jade, and we...we just like all the same stuff and it's like everyone at the school just gets me. There's a mixer dad, A mixer!" Katie said.

'Ouch that hurt...' I thought as I glanced at her. "No offense though, Y/N." Katie quickly said. "Oh, no it's fine, none taken. Just when were you gonna tell me about her though?" I asked. "Soon?" She questioned herself.

"What about hanging out with your family, Alone, for hours in a car? You and me!" Her dad said and at that moment, Katie just screamed.

We were in the car now, riding down the road in silence. "Ah, smell that open road air." Her dad chuckles.

"See, this isn't so bad, huh?" "You know, the Poseys are on vacation right now, and look at how happy they are." Linda said and clicked the video.

"Family yoga break!" She said and they started laughing. "Why are you so obsessed with the Poseys? They're just our neighbors." Aaron said making a funny voice at the end.

"They're just so perfect. I mean, even their dog is in better shape than ours!" She said as I saw the most in shape dog I have seen in my life like what in the world-

"What are they feeding that thing? Other dogs?" My eyes widened as Monchi whimpered. "Lin, don't worry about them. Look at them, they're jealous of us, right Katie?" Rick said and laughed.

"I see you moping back there, but what at your college could possibly be better then this?" And right on cue, her phone rang and we both looked at it.

"We set up a slip n' slide in the dorms! It's amazing." "This is the best day of my life! I'm making lifelong bonds." A person said on her phone said.