Appa

It's been a few days since Y/N was last seen. Toph, Aang, Katara, and Sokka were inside the house worrying about him. But then Toph recognized the footsteps and she ran to the door and opened it.

Toph: Y/N!

Y/N: Hey, Toph.

Toph earthbended a rock pillar towards Y/N and he got hit.

Y/N: Ow!

Toph: Where have you been?!

Katara: Hey, you stole my line.

Y/N: Uh, a lot happened.

Y/N walked inside the house and he sat down with everyone else.

Aang: Where have you been?

Toph: I just said that.

Y/N: Well, after we came home I snuck out of the house to look for clues about Appa. It ended up taking me a few days though.

Aang: Well, we made posters to find, Appa.

Y/N: Huh, good idea.

Sokka: Wanna look at my Appa poster?

Y/N: Uh, I can't see.

Sokka: Oh, right.

Toph: It looks just like him to me.

Sokka: (smiles) Thank you, I worked really... Why do you feel the need to do that?

Toph: So, Y/N, did you find anything?

Y/N: When I was out searching, I heard two men talking about a big furry creature.

Aang: Where?

Y/N: Follow me.

Y/N, Toph, and the others left the house.

{Time Skip}

Y/N, Toph, Aang, Katara, and Sokka arrived to an empty building.

Y/N: This is where I heard the two guys talking about Appa being kept in here.

Aang: But it's empty.

Toph: He was here!

Aang, Katara, and Sokka looked to see Toph holding a piece of fur in her hand.

Aang: We missed him.

???: They took that big thing yesterday. Shipped him out to some island. About time. I been cleaning up fur and various, uh, leavings all day.

Aang: What island? Where's Appa?

???: Foreman said some rich royal type on Whaletail Island bought him up, guess for a zoo or such, though could be the meat'd be good.

Aang: We've gotta get to Whaletail Island. Where's Whailtail Island?

Sokka: Far. Very Far. It's near the South Pole, almost all the way back home.

Katara: It'll take us weeks just to get to the tip of the Earth Kingdom. And then we'll need to find a boat to get to the island.

Aang: I don't care, we have a chance to find Appa, we have to try.

Toph: Wait, but something doesn't make sense to me.

Sokka: What?

Y/N: If Appa was really here in this building wouldn't there be even more tracks?

Sokka: Like a footprint?

Y/N: Yeah. If he tried to resist this whole place would've been damaged.

Aang: You're right. This was just a distraction.