▪️ Trinity Meets Home for the Holiday

"Trinity!"

Looking up from her batch of Christmas cookies, Trinity smiles at her boss. "Yes, Mr.Lane."

Mr.Lane rolls his eyes, hand running through his salt and pepper hair. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me Hugh?"

"Today," she pokes her chin, getting chocolate on it. "I think it's the fifth time."

Again his eyes roll. "Well, one day, I'll get you to call me by name."

"Did you need me for something? Did we run out of Brownies?"

"No, but I do need you to leave," he waves to the clock. "It's Christmas Eve, and you shouldn't be in here slaving over a hot stove."

"Let finish this batch of cookies, and then I'll leave," she promises.

"No," he pulls the dough away before she could reach it. "Get change and leave. I'll see you January 9th and no sooner."

"Fine, fine," she relents, taking off her apron. "I know when I'm not wanted."

He chuckles as she walks into the bathroom. Trinity takes a moment to clean her face, wipe off any dough, and grab her bag before walking to the storefront.

"Trinity, wait," Mr.Lane calls from behind the display rack. "You forgot your paycheck."

Trinity's brow raises at that. She gets her paycheck every two weeks, and since she got one last week, she wasn't due for another one until after the holiday. Hesitantly she walks over to the display and accepts the check. Her eyes widen when she saw that there's a significant increase in it. "Mr. Lane! This is too much."

He shakes his head before favoring her with a fond smile. "I disagree; I don't think it's enough. Merry Christmas, Trinity."

Smiling shyly at him, she tucks the check into her pocket. "Thank you, Hugh. Merry Christmas."

Walking out the door with a pep in her step, she wasn't surprised at the snow bunny blonde hair goddess waiting for her. "Thank you for waiting."

"Always," Violette grasps her hand as they make their way through the streets. "How was work?"

"Good," Trinity rests her head on her shoulder. "Amazing, actually. Have I told you thank you for encouraging me to take the job?"

"Always," she kisses her temple. "Excited for Christmas?"

"Hmm," she smiles. "I'm spending the morning with Mom and Maya and then Christmas dinner with you at Sofie's place."

"Me, Sofie, Dmitar, and our parents," she chuckles. "Do you mind if we stop by Demolition? I need to pick up Parsha's gift."

"Of course."

Trinity listens to her speak about her day as Violet steers them towards the direction of the famous teen store.

When they arrived, she wandered around the store as Violet collects her purchase. Suddenly her eyes land on the green and red plaid coat. Isn't that the coat Maya wants?

"I got the... Do you wanna get that?" Violet stops right behind her.

Trinity shrugs. "Yeah, I am. Why not? It's Christmas."

✤✤✤

Christmas morning, Trinity hums to herself as she goes about creating the perfect Christmas breakfast, knowing that her Mom and Maya would be awake any minute now. She's been avoiding Maya and her posse since the art exhibit, but it doesn't matter today because they call a cease-fire on Christmas.