▪️Trinity Meets Shawn Hunter

"Thanks, Mom," Trinity smiles at her Mom as she places a cupcake in front of her.

"You're welcome, baby girl. Have you had a good birthday so far?"

Smiling, she plays with her new bracelet. "Yes. I have."

"Don't worry, Katy, we took her shopping," Sofie promises.

"That's good."

Trinity sticks her tongue out. So far, she's had a pretty good birthday. It started off with a day in the botanic garden, then they went shopping and now a birthday dinner from her Mom.

"Katy?"

Both Trinity and Katy look up to see a shaggy but good-looking man with blue eyes and dark brown hair.

"That's what it says right here. Yeah?" Katy asks.

"Hi," the stranger says.

"Hi. What'll it be?"

"Oh, me? I'll have some birthday cake."

"What?" Trinity and Katy blurt. What the hell is this guy talking about?

"What kind of mom are you, Katy?" the guy asks.

"Who is this guy?" Violet hisses, glaring at the man.

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out," Trinity climbs over Violett, so she is standing in front of her Mom. "Who the hell are you?"

He pauses, flattering back. "Maya?"

Of course, she has something to do with this. Trinity rolls her eyes. "No. I'm prettier. Now, who the heck are you? Matthew's uncle or something."

"My name's Shawn Hunter."

Katy looks taken aback. "Whoa?"

Trinity scrutinizes Shawn. "No, what I was expecting. You're less homeless looking than I thought you were going to be."

"Hey! What does that mean?" Shawn protests.

"You're the guy Maya doesn't stop talking about, the Matthews' friend," Katy explains. "You guys all went on a family weekend together. She had a really good time, and I appreciate it. Thank you very much."

Shawn smiles, chest-puffing up. "You're welcome."

"Still doesn't explain why he's here," Trinity points out. I'm not impressed. "And why he came in here, guns blazing. And why haven't you smashed him over the head with a plate yet?"

"You know what? The both of you already don't like me, so I'm just going to keep talking, okay? Today is Maya's birthday. What are you doing here since first thing this morning?"

Slowly but surely, Trinity's face twists into an ugly sneer. "Please smash him over the head with a plate. Now, before I do it."

"Calm down," Katy places a calming head on her head, gently pushing her into Violet's arms, before turning to Shawn. "You're right. I don't like you at all."

"Yo," Dmitar tilts his head to the back. "Look who's here?"

Trinity follows his eyes just in time to see Matthews and his mini-me scurrying out of the diner. Fucking busybodies! She snaps her head to glare at Shawn.

"The question you should be asking is where is Maya!? Why did she go to Matthews instead of stopping by the diner!? Why the fuck was she gone before anyone woke up!? Why-- why--"

Why does she always ruin everything! She can't let just one day go without drama! How dare she let someone come in here and call Mom a bad mom. She's the best woman in the world.