~|2|~

It was a serene place

It was a serene place. For as far as eyes can travel, one could only see lush green tress. They were really tall. The smell of fresh pine trees and soil right after rain filled the air. The sky was grey. Despite it having rained cats and dogs since morning, it looked like it will rain again.

This was the perfect weather for the poets, the romantics and the broken hearts. The poet would feel inspired, the romantic would feel passionate and a broken heart could feel the gloom. The dark grey of the sky could transcend from the outside into the inside of the heart. Looking at all this with gloomy eyes today was someone with their hearts over sixteen hundred kilometres away in Mumbai.

 Looking at all this with gloomy eyes today was someone with their hearts over sixteen hundred kilometres away in Mumbai

Bani sat by the large window in her house and looked at the lush mountains sprawled before her eyes. She had a blank look in her eyes as her tears had dried up in all these years of crying. She was lost in the memories of the man that held her heart and probably did not even know it.

She wondered how he was. Was he was dating someone now? Did he marry someone? He was always desired by women, surely he must have had so many pine after him. He wasn't the dating kind, maybe he just did flings. The thought hurt her heart. Did he change, settle down and have a kid? All these thoughts pierced at her broken heart.

B: (Thinks) Kyu ye sb soch kr apne aap ko dard deti hai Bani? Bhool jaa...

But a little voice in her head asked how do you forget something that is so natural to you. As natural as breathing. She loved him with every part of her. She realized her feelings late but when she did, she was deeply in love with her husband. Such feelings cannot be forgotten with time.

B: (Thinks) Shyd meri kismat me pyaar likha hi nahi hai..Nageshwari ko Hriday se pyaar tha, milan ki raat vo mara gaya...Kalyug me mujhe Veeranshu ka sath milla lekin tb tk hi jb tk maine khud apni feelings realize nahi ki thi, jiss din maine khud se accept kiya ki mujhe usse pyaar hai, Bholenath ka ashirvaad liya, confess krne ka plan banaya, ussi din sb gadbad ho gayi..

She was lost in thought when she heard tiny footsteps. A smile automatically graced her lips. It was like she became a whole new person. She heard the sound stop and tip toe near her. She smiled but did not turn.