~|7|~

Sometimes we find people who touch our souls

Sometimes we find people who touch our souls. Once we meet such people, they never leave us. Any distance is only physical as the souls always pine for the other and memories keep them near. Vani were such lovers- soul mates. Their love had not faded away with time. Rather, distance made the heart grow fonder. They had been craving each other like a kid for nutella, like hachiko-the dog waiting for its master to return home or an immigrant for familiarity. Perhaps all those are incorrect examples for what they had was way more- unimaginable and non-comparable.

The five years between them melted away into the kiss. They poured all the longing, every fear, each tear and all the love into that kiss. The lips took shape around the lips they recognized like comfort food. Vani kissed for a long time before the sky began to cry at the soulful reunion. As the first drop landed of Bani's cheeks, they parted away and rested their foreheads together.

 As the first drop landed of Bani's cheeks, they parted away and rested their foreheads together

V: I missed you..

B: So did I..

They were both panting and breathing hard. It started to drizzle and Vani rushed to take shelter under a large tree. Veer enveloped her in a bear hug from behind as they waited for the rain to stop.

B: Veeranshu? Tum mujhe aise jakad kr rahoge?

V: Kitne lambe intezaar ke baad maine tumhe paya hai...ab to iski aadat daal lo tum..

Bani twisted her body and saw his face. It was flushed with happiness and his eyes were moist. Now happy with the woman he loves in his arms, Veer looked like her had shed off ages. His young eyes sparkled again. Bani smiled.

B: Itne chipku ko toh nahi chod kr aayi thi mai...apne chote bhai se classes le rahe they kya itne saal?

Veer kissed her nose.

V: Tb mai tumse pyaar krta tha isliye tumhari space ko respect krta tha. Pr itne saalo ke intezaar ne mujhe bohot tadpaya hai. Aur ab jb tum bhi mujhe pyaar krti ho toh sorry Sweetheart, iski toh tum adat dal hi lo.

Bani closed her eyes and basked in his love.

B: I missed you calling me that. I missed everything about you. I love you Veeranshu.