~|8|~

Home is where the heart is

 Home is where the heart is. Home is where there is love, happiness and peace. Things that make you feel sheltered. A place that anchors you. Sometimes, it need not be a physical place. It can be a person or multiple. People who bring you warmth and comfort, complete your life and bring meaning to your existence. For Veeranshu Singhania, his home were the two people in his arms- his world-his wife and son.

After finding his lost love and also finding a son he was unaware of, Veer was feeling a whole town-full of emotions. He felt nervous and joyful. If you ask him, he cannot tell you a single word about he felt himself. Does it not happen? When you are too overcome by feelings that you cannot word them? This is exactly what he felt.

He spent the day with them. They watched movies and chatted for a while. Mayuri woke up around evening and announced she had a date and left for the night. Veer took out his family for dinner and he was absorbing all the conversations he heard. Rehan was a young boy full of energy and felt like he won lottery. His happiness meant the world to Vani. Bani studied how him and Veer interacted and thanked the lords above for a day she had lost hopes for.

Currently, they had all tired themselves and were fast asleep. Veer, upon Rehan insistence, told him a story about Cheels and laid in Bani's room. Soon, Bani fell asleep too. She and Veer were on either sides with Rehan in the middle. While the mother-son were in dream land, sleep escaped Veer. He was gazing at them with love. He saw how Rehan drooled slightly and cuddled to Bani's side. Bani too had a protective hand around her baby.

V: Mere bina tumne akele sb kaise manage kiya gharwali? Mayuri ki help thi tumhe....uske liye mai uska humesha shukraguzar rahunga...pr tumne bhi bohot strongly sb kuch manage kiya sweetheart. Pr mai tumse promise krta hoon, mai ab kabhi tumhare saath kuch galat nahi hone dunga, humari family ko mai humesha protect krunga..

R: Dad..

Veer looked away from Bani and towards Rehan.

V: Haan..

Veer then realized he was mumbling in his sleep. Rehan twisted and turned before cuddling away from Bani and into Veer's side. Veer's heart swelled as Rehan's tiny hands held on to his side. He was now a father! The reality kept hitting him stronger each time he did something. Rehan slowly climbed up and slept on Veer's stomach with his head on his chest. Both his hands dangled on each side. Veer laughed softly.

V: Mera Bandar!

Bani felt Rehan's absence and scooted closer in her sleep. She kept a hand on his leg and buried her head on Veer's shoulder. Veer wiped a tear and slept the most peaceful sleep he had had in years!

............................

It was around three in the morning when Veer heard it. Due to the recent attacks and having just found his family, his senses were super active and his protective instincts were higher. He quickly woke up and found Rehan had slightly wet his shirt courtesy his drool. Bani's legs had wrapped themselves with his like vines. She was sleeping peacefully. Veer again heard the sound. It was coming from outside the room. He somehow unwrapped himself from it all and went out.