Chapter One, Pt.2

Persephone nodded her head and quickly ran off to the fields her mother had gifted her. She was running so fast the nymphs stopped and looked at her as lemons, strawberries, and another scent they couldn't quite grasp. Pausing on her run to the field when she once again sees her mother looking at the flowers she made. A deep blood-red rose with an ichor-colored gold surrounding the rim. It looked almost miserable. It was Persephone's favorite flower because it could survive anywhere you needed it. But so far it has no name.

Demeter plucked one up and looked towards her daughter "It's beautiful no?" Persephone pursed her lips. Afraid if she said anything else her anger, no her rage would seep through. Demeter did not notice though. She took it as a sign to continue talking, her fingers dancing around her many thorns that decorated the sides " Such an intricate color." Persephone fought the urge to take the flower and cut her mother with the thorns as her mother had done to her " Unfortunate red is the color of War, too much violence for you dear. Men spilling blood over silly petty things. It would be sad if you got caught in the crossfire." As she finished, Persephone looked in horror as the flowers all caught on fire. Demeter dropped the last flower and walked away. She ran to catch it before it caught on fire. She missed, So she ran again.

She reached the field and waved her hand in fury and flowers started dying around her, she stopped when she noticed a ring of black flowers and was already dead. She peered her head to the side and saw a tall man hiding behind an oak tree in the distance.

"Who are you?" She queried before she realized she had no idea who was in her garden. "I am Persephone the goddess of spring and I demand to know who is in my gardens" While her voice was strong and unwavering her heart was pounding terrified of what her mother would do if someone found out what she could really do.

"Oh?" His voice was deep, like honey and ash rolling off his velvet tongue "You demand me goddess of spring." He chuckled in a mocking tone as he slowly walked out from behind the oak tree. "I bring you no harm. I was only gazing upon your beauty as you were walking by. I had no intention of scaring you. I sincerely apologize."

**AUTHORS NOTE** Don't forget to star and comment. Do want to see Persephone interact with Apollo or should she just leave? I wrote it where she just leaves but I'm curious what you guys think. Because I have the next 4-5 parts planned out and there are a bit longer than the first 3. WORD COUNT: 472